Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I get Texts from phone to pc

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 12:26

I do not have an internet phone....just a regular cell phone with texting. I want to archive my text mssgs...is there a way to do that...either to a card I stick in the phone to to my pc?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I get Texts from phone to pc

I would suggest you first contact your cell phone service provider for advice related to your specific phone.

Secondly, you can do this on your own by downloading software from the Internet to act as an interface. Below is an example. However, I'm not familiar with this product, so don't take it as an endorsement. Also, some of the software that is out there only works with certain phone models. To my knowledge, there isn't one single way to do this that will work for all phones.

Thirdly, there are a number of videos you can find on YouTube about this subject by using their search function. But, again, applicability depends on your phone.

Here is a link that might be useful: BitPim

o

I have verizon cell service and texting and no internet. I can forward a text on to my email address and it is only considered texting. I just input my email address instead of a phone number in the to field so maybe your cell provider works the same way with texting.

I can also send back from my email as text. For verizon in the to field for just plain text you can use yournumber@vtext.com and if you want to attach a photo then you use yournumber@vzwpix.com. I know that you can also do this with AT&T service both ways, just need to now the @ part for AT&T because I have sent from email to a friends phone on AT&T that has texting and she has sent back to my email as text. I would thing other major carries can do this also. Mary

o

lookup the model. maybe someone makes a usb data transfer cable? nowadays they're in the box when you buy the phone.
search the cell manufacturer or verizon forums.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here