Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Avast Update Problems

Posted by juneroses (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 12:20

This A.M. an Avast notification advised of a new update available. I allowed the install and then the necessary restart. My computer became stuck in a perpetual reboot.

I finally caught it in a restart and switched to Safe Mode with Networking using the F8 key. Used Revo to unstall Avast and downloaded and installed MSE.

All now seems to be well.

I've since searched and find others who have had problems with this latest update but that a new one is already out. Too late!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Avast Update Problems

That does happen on occasion I think it has happened over the years to pretty much all of them. They are usually very quick to send out a new one to fix it but for those that got hit it is a real pain. You did good! MSE is also a fine program

o

I am wondering if I might have the same problem. I attemped an update with restart yesterday. Later in the day my computer wouldn't open Windows correctly, almost had to do a restore point. It finally corrected itself but still said I needed to do an update. I did finally get it done but have problems ever since. Cannot open to my home page via IE. Can however access the internet with Chrome.

o

casi why don't you go ahead and do a restore to before all that happened that may be the easy fix for this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here