Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Display Driver

Posted by arosegirl (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 12 at 11:43

I have problems several times a day my display driver stops working...is there a fix for this???
It mostly happens when I am using Windows live mail.
PS I don't know what a display driver is!!!

I am using Windows 7.
Many thanks.
arosegirl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Display Driver

Can you post the exact error you get.

o

Depending on the flavour of your Windows 7 there will be either a pennant flag or a small up pointing arrow - or both if Professional - near the clock on the bottom right. Click on either and in the pop up there should be a notice suggesting that there is an issue and you can click and follow along for Windows to try fixing the issue for you.

A make and model would help so the video card maker can be identified.

o

The message is: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I checked the little yellow flag, it didn't show the problem.
Many thanks.

o

Check out the link Ive posted and see if it helps..

Paddy..

Here is a link that might be useful: support.amd.com

o

You should be good to go based on your message The message is: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. The problem was detected and fixed.

o

I would admit the error is quite confusing along with most windows errors. The and has recovered part of the error has nothing to do with any problem being fixed. This is a difficult error to tract down.

Google the error Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Post the make and model of your pc. It could make a difference if it's occuring on a Dell or Gateway etc.

o

I haave a Dell XPS, purchased in 2010. I have been having this problem for about a month.

Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here