SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockcut1

HEUR: Trojan.Win32.Generic

rockcut1
13 years ago

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, on a HP Touch Smart 300 PC 1 year old. I have Microsoft's Security completely enabled. All of Microsoft's Essential Updated are installed.

Additionally I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 installed and

up dated. In doing a complete system scan the, HEUR: Trojan

Win32. Generic, was detected but Kaspersky could not Quarante, Block, or Deleate it. Malware Bytes does not detect it on Scans, any Help would be a God Send, Thanks. Rockcut.

Comments (6)

• mikie_gw
    13 years ago

I might Start up in safe mode.. see if your scanner will remove it while running is safe mode with networking.

Or I mostly first would want to try... search HitMan Pro
    ... I'm always surprised what it finds on peoples computers after the regular scans cant fix them up.

I'm kind of discouraged lately with Malwarebytes.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    13 years ago

wait are you saying you are running two active antivirus programs at the same time on your pc? IF so that is not advised it can cause major conflicts and is recommended to fully remove one or only use the second as an on demand scanner but even that can cause problems.

I would go to the file that was found and submit it to virus total to see if it hits with any of the scanners there.
    Virustotal

when you ran malwarebytes did you fully update it prior to running a full scan?

• rockcut1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry it took me so long to get back with my reply. My
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus is active but Malwarebytes is only run
    Manual.

The Torjan is gone, I guess Kaspersky got it. I keep everything updated weekly. Microsoft Malware Removal Tool
    didn't get either.

Thanks Tons everyone, I'd like to suggest a book; "ISBN:
    978-0-7356-4520-2;Troubleshooting Windows 7 Inside & Out",
    its excellant $40.00 @ Borders. Thanks again...

• shadabans190_rediffmail_com
    13 years ago

RE: HEUR: Trojan.Win32.Generic
    how to remove this virus

• rockcut1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Boot in Safe Mode, Then do a full Scan. Make sure your anti-virus is updated before you start. Thats what worked
    for me. I use Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011. Good Luck...

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    13 years ago

For direct personal assistance to remove this completely you can go to this help forum and start a thread in the area I link to tell them what info you have and follow the directions that are given.
    Analysis and Malware Removal

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure