o
new computer

Posted by goldy (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 11:18

This is just a test to see if it"working

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new computer

Yup, it's working Goldy. Nice looking computer.

o

I hope there is a class for seniors to learn windows 8.There is a book for dummies.While I'm waiting for the book to come can someone tell me how to download spellck?If not I will just have to wait and hope I have not miss spelled too many words.

o

Do you have either an adult class center or a college? Some senior centers offer classes also. You might check with them. I get spell check with Google. There are places to check to get that.

o

win 8 has a pretty good built in spell check for this type of forums. I don't think it will let me speel wrong without pointing it out.

o

Around here there are always computer classes at the public libraries.

o

And vocational schools also teach computer courses.

o

Goldy eightforums is a great place for all kinds of tutorials, tweaking advice, tips and tricks. Solely for Windows 8

o

Good luck with your new computer, Goldy. Not sure I'm brave enough to try Windows 8.

o

this is the worse mess I ever got myself in. It"s a good thing my grandson lives three towns over andI will be bugging you guys forever so don't let me down.

o

Just looking at the EIGHTFORUMS link makes me wonder if I even dare to try WIN8

I bought a Kingston Flash drive to put some things on to take to another PC when I get one. I went to their web site and it is also confusing.

I remember when computers were fun!!

Sue

o

When it's convenient and you have a cup of tea available you might want to spend time with the on-board Windows 8 Help file. You would be surprised how much you can pick up by doing so. Not only will you learn protocols and procedures, you will also learn the correct phraseology to assist in researching on Google.

In the end you will be fine. Enjoy the new system.

DA

This post was edited by damccoy on Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 18:37

o

Have you seen the form you have tofill out just to register on EightForums?.Time I get down on my knees and find those numbers you would have to call 911.After just two days and my Grandson"s help I really know I am going to like it."Can"t teach an old dog new tricks?This is just like a new toy.I'm begining to like it.

o

On the main screen showing the tiles there is a tile that has a tutorial on the basics of Windows 8. I think it says "Getting Started".

Google is your friend. If you can't figure something out just do a search in Google, "how do I...??? using Windows 8?"

o

On the main screen showing the tiles there is a tile that has a tutorial on the basics of Windows 8. I think it says "Getting Started".

Google is your friend. If you can't figure something out just do a search in Google, "how do I...??? using Windows 8?"

o

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here