Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bar tool?

Posted by mudlady (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 23, 11 at 10:41

I have seen, on cooking shows, a hand held juicer. It is a sort of reamer and half an orange or other small fruit is held in one hand and the other hand holds the tool and presses and rotates into the piece of fruit, forcing out the juice and a little pulp. I am in favor of any gadget that is small, but does the job efficiently. Where can I find one?
Thanks
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bar tool?

OMG!!!! Sorry folks--I thought I was in the cooking aisle!!
Nancy

o

There are a number of the electric ones but I don't know enough about them to make a recommendation. The old fashioned wooden ones work well and with a variety of fruits although you need to remove the seeds first:

The squeeze kind are great and trap the seeds but are fruit dependent:

A user tip - the cut side of the fruit goes down, towards the holes.

Computer geeks, food geeks all in one convenient stop.

o

Here's another simple one, no up dating needed, runs at start up every time.

Photobucket

o

For all of the devices, no anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware software require. ;-)

o

Bar tool or tool bar...what's the difference?

o

All the grocery stores here have them hanging ...somewhere, or stacked on ...some shelf.

Have a white porcelian one here. Like a shallow bowl with the flutted center grinder thing .. becomes hard work rather quickly.

Also have same thing in electric ... much easier but wouldnt want to make too much juice.. it still can become hard work, but maybe more volume, and more quickly.

o

Wow! Thanks for the laughs! Mike's wooden one is what I am looking for, but I have seen it in metal.

Nancy

o

I didn't include hyperlinks but the wooden one is by Oxo and about $6 from Amazon.

o

mudlady-
Now you have to make drinks for all of us...

o

A must have in all households!

Here is a link that might be useful: Chef of the Future

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here