Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just a thought as to what I would like to see here...

Posted by big_al_41 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 9:43

Just a thought as to what I would like to see here, I would love to see a way we as viewers can give either a thumbs UP or a thumbs DOWN to reply given.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just a thought as to what I would like to see here...

I've always thought that GW's approach to running a forum was always "bare bones" whereas other forums offer much more comprehensive features. It wasn't that long ago when you couldn't even edit a post. I wish I could have a thumbs up or down on the usefulness of their ads.

o

Too much of a chance for a popularity contest. A member should obtain as much information in total as possible and then make their own decision based on that information.

Why do posters have to approve of a suggestion? Just because someone disagrees with the suggestion, or the suggestion is one of several possibilities how is it automatically "thumbs down".

There is already a declining number of problem solving contributors in case anyone hasn't noticed so why do anything that might drive more away.

DA

o

Thumbs up, DA.

o

BT,

You gave me a laugh. Thank you. A long tough day at work.

DA

o

Sorry, DA, just couldn't resist.

Thumbs Up photo thumbs-up.gif

Sue

o

Too much of a chance for a popularity contest.
I agree.

Sign my name to DA's post...lol

There already seems to be some cliques on some of the forums, that might make a newbie not feel welcome.

Good one Sue_va

o

• Posted by mikie z9 St.Pete.FL (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 3:11

👍 hmmmmm 👍
👍

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/1f44d/index.htm

This post was edited by mikie on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 3:17

o

Well stated DA.
In worrying with these things since WIN95, if I’ve learned one thing it is that there is no ‘one way’ to fix many problems. If a suggestion seems dumb to some person, it could be that the dumb resides in his head.

o

You can sign my name to DA's post too. :-))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here