SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cricketm_gw

Info about Windows XP

Cricketm
11 years ago

[Quote from] WorldStart tech tips 3/12/13

"Still Love Windows XP? You Aren't Alone.

When sales of PCs (Personal Computers) took a 6% dip at the end of 2012, many said it must be because people were switching to tablets or smartphones. But the real reason behind declining sales could be that that people are keeping their old computers longer.

The web -tracking company Net Applications reported that around 45% of Internet traffic from Windows systems came from systems Windows 7, a little over 5% from Windows Vista and 42% from Windows XP. That matches up with figures that say Windows 8 only has about 2% of the Windows operating system market.

There is a dark cloud on the horizon for happy XP users, though. Microsoft is discontinuing support of XP in April of 2014. What that means is that there will be no new security updates, free or paid online support options, or patches for non-security bugs.

That doesnâÂÂt mean XP will stop working, of course. But it is something to keep in mind if youâÂÂve thought about upgrading to a new operating system." [End of quote]

I have a two Desktops...one with Windows XP and one with Windows 7...and a Laptop with Vista....My favorite is Windows XP....That is one reason I have not bought a new laptop because I don't want Windows 8 right now...What are your opinions? I prefer a computer to an Ipad..right now.

What will happen to my XP in April 2014?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County