SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

I-pad mini seems locked up.

chas045
11 years ago

My wife has a new I-pad mini (xmas) that was working fine. Well, actually we did seem to be having some trouble making it work in some places with wi fi, but could not connect even though it said it was. Perhaps that has caused the current problem. In the past, we have left it plugged in to recharge and backup on occasion. However, I guess it has been just sitting for awhile. We have a fast connection with wi-fi at home.

I can power it down and up with the main power button and the reset or main screen (or whatever it is called) will bring up seri which can search the web, but no touch screen things work except for the warning message which is always on. It says: iCloud Backup: this Ipad hasn't been backed up for 2 weeks. backups happen when it is plugged in, locked and connected to wi-fi. Until just now, that screen would stay on for a long time, but it has just gone to turning itself off after 10 seconds or so. Therefore hard to copy exact text.

Sometimes, the wife's last web visit is behind the message, sometimes nothing. Just now I got the third page of the startup page of icons. None of these backgrounds are active. I can't close the screen with a 5 finger action. The message will blink when pressed but remain and no other touch screen action will respond at all.

Any ideas?

Last night, I left it plugged in and apparently locked, because when I turn it on, it has the slider saying to unlock visible. It won't respond to the unlock motion slide. Actually, it appeared to be off when I left it, but when I unplugged it and opened the apple magnetic cover this morning, it came up with the wife's last search behind the message.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio