Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't log in with Firefox

Posted by deee (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 30, 12 at 8:31

After the most recent Firefox upgrade I haven't been able to log in to Garden Web. IE and Chrome are fine.

When I try to click on the log in area, the pointer cursor doesn't acknowledge that there is link.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't log in with Firefox

try going to the actual main page of Ivillage and log out then sign in there on that page not on the forum page, I have had that happen to me and logging in from that main front page works.

also before you do anything clear the cache in your firefox browser in case you have something in the cache causing problems. Tools>clear recent history > select cache from the list> on the top right select for time period everything ok

o

Thanks! Logging in from the main page worked great.

I use ccleaner about once a day so my cache is pretty clear. I wonder what happened during the Firefox update that caused it not to recognize the forum log ins?

o

It may be a coincidence, I have had it occur to me randomly, could be the same for you. I have no idea why it happens.

o

Just by chance the pointer created by the cookie either changed or timed out.

DA

o

its a javascript link to me
javascript:document.location.href='http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/login.htm?'+(document.location.href)

might be a safety thing too
IE says page content has security errors.

o

Dee as you use Ccleaner quite often why not protect any cookies like iVillage or other places you visit often from being deleted? Open Ccleaner, click Options then Cookies and move any you wish to save from the left side to the right window and they are protected.

o

I get the warning also that the certificate is expired or has errors or something like that each time I go to any page here to log in, I have been just clicking on continue on anyway and log in.

I have found if I am logging in on a lot of different devices I will have to log in more often, I use my tablets, phone and pc regularly, at times I get the log in requirement on one, it also happens with other sites, my guess is their detection sees a new device or browser and want to make sure I really am who I say I am.

o

The certificate for the log in page has been expired for as long as I can remember.

DA

o

How can I post and reply to topics in the bluebird forum?
I am obviously logged in but when I go there I see the message below. I even click log in, log in, and see the same thing after logging in...

Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here