SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teisa_gw

Help with cyber bullying problem?

teisa
10 years ago

I've got a detailed description of my problem I hope someone can help with. My daughter (who is 20) frequents a website "topix forum" for our city. If not familiar with it, every major city has a forum. Ex. Oak ridge topix forum. You do NOT have to register to post. Only about 5% actually register!

She posted under an interesting topix and she may use 1 name 1 day and something different in a couple of days. Well this horribly mean person stated the 3 different names she had used and told all the names were 1 person posting them! And further stated it was trolling and she was being turned in to the moderators!

She was VERY upset! He called her profanity and was very mean! Well how did they see her Internet location? Is anyone familiar with this site and how this was possible in first place? It made her feel very unsafe like he may even come after her personally!

If anyone knows about how this site works please give me some info! And yes I reported him to moderators and they immediately took his post off!
Thank you!

Comments (12)