Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Downloading super AntiSpyware and

Posted by granniek (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 22:59

And it's asking me if I want to allow it to make changes to this computer. How do I answer this query?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Downloading super AntiSpyware and

What is asking.. WinPatrol ?
WinPatrol asks approval of any changes to startup or services.

If you downloaded from SuperAntiSpyware site direct , it should be OK.

o

I did the download direct from SAS. Not familiar with WinPatrol. I'm expecting a book on Win8.1 for Seniors, surely I'll get it today or tomorrow. I've too many questions.

And now for the first time in over two years, I'm having a problem with the iPad, email is locked. Gotta figure that out now, thinking I'm too old for this computer technology!!!

o

..... thinking I'm too old for this computer technology!!!

Aww, c'mon Grannie none of this foolish talk. Many of us here are in the grey brigade along with you.

If you are having troubles with Superantispyware then perhaps load the free Malwarebytes? Same soup, different gravy really.

o

Answer yes if you want to get the download..

o

", I'm having a problem with the iPad, email is locked."

some antivirus software makes you answer everytime you open a program
this usually get less frustrating over time, since you will give it permission for each program you use. after a few days, you usually use most of them, and it stops asking.

I am tinking this may be why your email is "locked"
you either answered NO for it, or, for some other reason it isnt giving your email permissions to open.

You may have to go into the antivirus menu/settings
people always forget to do that.

o

It sounds like the same message I got when I installed superantispyware (or any new program) on Windows 8, asking permission from administrator user account? I said yes (as long as it's being downloaded from the superantispyware site - as was advised above).

o

I get this message with my Windows 7 computer...if I update a program, I get the message. Since I "am" wanting the update or whatever, I answer, yes. It was unnerving at first, but I figured if I "was" making some sort of change, that is what I should do.

o

It happens because Windows 7 and 8 don't run in administrator mode (even if you are logged in as an administrator) by default. You should be prepared to allow it when installing software or making system changes. This is for our protection so we don't inadvertently install something that we didn't intend to install.

o

I believe your concern is with the W8/8.1 UAC (User Account Control). Take a peek at the link below. Down the page a little is a pink warning box. The next presentation is an example window of which I think you are referring to. If you wish to make any changes to the UAC the link shares all the options.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: Windows Eight Forums

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here