Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! I've just been attacked by AntiMalware Go!

Posted by sanantoniorose (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 28, 11 at 22:01

Please help - I'm being attacked now I have message Adobe Flash plugin has crashed. Can't get rid of this thing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! I've just been attacked by AntiMalware Go!

shut down your computer or use control alt delete and shut down your browser. then go update malwarebytes and run a full scan

o

AntiMalware GO is a rogue anti-spyware program from the same family as Antivirus Scan. When this infection is installed on your computer it will be configured to start automatically. Once started it will scan your computer and list numerous infections in the scan results. If you attempt to remove any of these so-called infections it will state that you first need to purchase the program in order to remove anything. As these scan results are all fake, please do not purchase this program based upon anything it states.

AntiMalware GO will also configure your computer to use a proxy server so that it hijackthis your web browser to display warnings when you browse the web.

It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer.

Your best option here is to visit a Malware Removal forum.

o

I got rid of mine by going to an earlier restore point.

o

raven - It won't allow ANY programs to run - I'm surprised I got on here.

Zep - Where do I find a Malware Removal forum I can trust?

o
RE: Help!!! I've just been attacked by AntiMalware Go! 2

hendricus - good idea - it just happened tonight - but I forgot how to do that - can someone refresh my memory?

o
RE: Help! I've just been attacked by AntiMalware Go!2

I can't even run system restore!

o
Malware help

Go here,

Here is a link that might be useful: Malware help

o

yes you need to go to the link zep provided, most of those do stop system restore from working. You will get help at that forum and they will be able to help you get the programs to run. Let me know if you need help there I am over there too.

o

You need to start your PC in safe mode, then you can run malewarebytes scan, or do what you need to do.

o

OMGosh susieq ~ it worked! Someone else suggested system restore but I couldn't get to it, but did in safe mode. thanks, now I'll try to run malwarebytes. Thank you

o

Glad you concern appears to be remedied.

As a question, what did you recently install on your system? What new website did you visit? What did you recently click on at a site? Any suspicious or unsolicited e-mail that you opened by error?

Obviously a concern like this doesn't just appear. It has to have a point of entry. I, and perhaps other members, would like to know so as to avoid a problem.

DA

o

please still go to the help forum we recommended these infections leave stuff behind so follow all directions given to you on LzD please and do only what they tell you to do!!
I have linked this thread to your post there. Report what malwarebytes has found.

o

Raven - I will - I'll go back and report and see what else they think I should do. Thank you.

Damccoy - I wish I knew but I'm 99% sure it's not an email - I'm super careful and don't open anything I don't recognize. But I'm leary of StumbleUpon, even though I like it. It just takes one creep to 'get you' and it's just too much roaming around the net. Also, I use FB and like it but again, unless you're pretty sure of your 'friends' you can get caught in that web.

One thing I wondered about though besides the above~ I still can't open my Windows Mail and haven't given up on finding the original password, but that aside. Someone said why not just use FF so I was trying to update my bookmarks (favorites) and under a couple of folders were extensive sites - i.e. plants, orchids, politics, etc. Some were no longer there and opened instead on a different site or page. Though I didn't explore, you didn't know until you opened it that it wasn't what you thought you had saved. Hope that makes sense. That could have been an entry for a virus. If I find out anything else, I'll report back - count on it. Thanks

Also, I've installed (again, they disappeared) Spybot-Search & Destroy & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & still have CCleaner - what else should I have? I believe Windows Defender is on too. Anything else? I forgot what HijackThis is for - can someone tell me and if I need it or anything else? Really spooked now.....

o

Don't use hijackthis yourself. Hijackthis is only for the person\helper that's assisting you.

o

Thanks Zep! You got it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here