Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solitaire

Posted by sanantoniorose (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 21:52

I can't access MSN right now so I can't do anything related to MSFT - I'm so frustrated with MSN I could scream. I just want to play simple MahJong or Klondike and can't access either.

Is there a safe site to down load free games. There are so many out there but I don't want to get a virus or worse trying to find a stupid game. Help please. I like to play Solitaire while listening to the TV. Just plain old Klondike (large enough to see and maneuver). X-Box on Windows 8 was good but I can't access it. Thanks.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solitaire

Hi sanantoniorose,

Looks like a good site for you. See link.

What is wrong with MSN? What error are you getting when you visit the site, perhaps we can help with that.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: solitaireparadise

o

Isn't Solitaire and Mahjong included with Windows? No need to go online to play them.

Cnet is a safe place to download software.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cnet

o

Thanks Zep~ I'll check it out.
Mike~ Solitaire & Mahjong IS included with Windows 8, but it still requires you to sign into a Microsoft account. I've had my MSN account for at least 14 or 15 years with the same Username and password both of which I want to keep. The Username is unique and the password is guess proof simply because it's a long string of #'s & letters I memorized when I got my first computer.

This happened about a week ago and I've been struggling with it since. I finally figured out how to access the MSN website but still can't log into my Hotmail account. This is VERY irritating right now because I need to answer an email regarding an issue with billing by an architect I don't intend to hire (I'm remodeling my house) but I need to re-read his email to address problems.

Instead I'm locked out of anything 'Microsoft'. Here's what happens. When I put in my email address and password it says "That password is incorrect. Be sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account." From there you go thru a loop to reset your password which doesn't work. Even if you go thru the new password, new hint, Verisign wonky letters, etc. to MSN Support, The Team will issue a 'code' which doesn't work either..on and on. I give up. Gaack!

o

I'm not really a gamer and I'm not familiar with this site but it seems pretty decent for Solitaire.

Here is a link that might be useful: greenfelt.net

o
more than you'll ever need

Hundreds .. If not thousands of games, including Mah Jong and Solitaire!

Here is a link that might be useful: CLICK HERE FOR FUN

o

it's possible that your account was hacked and they changed the password which is why it's telling you it is now incorrect. In essence you are locked out and can't get in. Try these links.

Here is a link that might be useful: hotmail

o

Google "123 Free Solitaire"

o

Please research any game site before registering, using, and particularly downloading from. Historically game sites have been right up there with fonts, smiley faces, e-cards, and such in containing malware.

DA

o

If you like MahJong there is a game at the stores called 101 Games for $10. There are two MahJong Artifacts games that make the CD worth buying even if you don't play any of the others. There are 3 versions of Mahjong on each game. My favorite is the Mahjong Artifacts 2, Quest game. Great game.

o

By clicking Start - All programs - Games I am able to load any of the games listed without logging in anywhere including Solitaire and Mahjong. Windoze 7

o

Hey Owbist~ don't rub it in....I don't think you can undo Windows 8 and install Windows 7 - I wish.

Windows 8 is just a giant phone. Don't like it - too many pop-ups and huge. Who in the world wants to see the time & date in a 3 or 4" square box that pops-up? Makes no sense at all. Control panel is too abbreviated and it takes at least 3 clicks to shut down or sleep. Silly. Give me Windows 7 any day.

As for MSN - I'll try the website you suggested Raven - lots of options (if I have the patience) I'm pretty burned out on trying at this point...............

Thanks all for the suggestions - I should have thought of CNET. They have a really nice Solitaire - actually pretty cards. Phooey on MSN or whoever is causing the problem. BTW - at one point I saw a list of "issues" and problems signing in is considered "Solved" NOT!

o

if you're really unhappy with how 8 looks and works you might try this free little program that gives you options to make it more like 7 was.

Here is a link that might be useful: classic shell

o

this may also be helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

as to the games for windows 8,they don't come preinstalled you can get them free from the windows game store and install them, including solitaire and many others.
Here's a good article about it.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/10/the-new-and-updated-games-of-windows-8/

Here is a link that might be useful: game store

o

Geeze, having to sign into anything to play Solitaire seems absurd.

If you're password isn't working and you can't access your Hotmail account, there is a way to contact Microsoft for help. You can expect to answer a bunch of questions about your account - emails you may have received, contacts you may have added, when you opened it, previous passwords, etc. Basically you have to prove to someone at Microsoft support that you are the rightful owner. But do tell them you think the account may have been hacked and the date you lost access. They should be able to look and see if the password changed on that date.

Since you said you're using a "hard password" I'd be doubly sure to run multiple malware/antivirus scans on your computer to ensure that someone isn't looking over your shoulder. Of course, once you gain access to your account, change the password.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here