Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cool Previews Add-on Firefox

Posted by sanantoniorose (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 26, 14 at 20:49

Hi Y'all ~

I really love Pinterest and found it enhanced by using some Firefox add-ons especially Cool Previews to enlarge thumbnails others pinned from me without clicking on each one. Have used it for some time but now it simply won't enlarge. The icon is there & it even shows the 'title' of the pin but no picture ....except when someone follows a whole board, then the thumbnail shows & enlarges (4 pics or more down the board) Crazy.
In other words pins sent to my page are enlarged with Cool Previews 4.0 or Thumbnail Zoom Plus 2.7 which I'm trying now. BTW, I've tried disabling one or the other with no better results. It seems to be the only thing not working in either Pinterest or either of those Add-ons but it's annoying and I'd really like to know how to fix this. Thanks (again)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cool Previews Add-on Firefox

I don't know for sure but I would suspect that perhaps Pinterest changed their code and in the process, broke those extensions. Assuming that's the case, there's really nothing you can do except wait(or report it) for the folks at CoolPreviews/other to update their extensions.

If you have access to another computer you could see if still works properly on it. If it does not, you could probably safely assume the problem is not with your computer.

Have you tried clearing history(especially cache/cookies)?

Have you rebooted? I don't figure that would help but you never know. :)

Hopefully someone will come along with a more helpful answer.

Edited to correct convoluted logic in second paragraph. (changed "does" to "does not") :)

This post was edited by chuggerguy on Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 16:44

o

Thanks Chuggerguy - sounds plausible, unfortunately. But you bring up another question I have and never asked here. Clearing history is one thing but I always hate to clear cookies because you have to reenter passwords and reset some sites like TV Guide, etc.
If I use CCleaner for example, I don't see where you can exclude those sites and still do any good. Any ideas? Thanks.

o

No, sorry, I'm sure there are lots of good safe cookie managers but I don't use any of them.

I mostly run Linux and always(?) use Firefox so about the only way I'm familiar with is:

(1) Go into Firefox preferences
(2) Go to the privacy tab
(3) Click "Show Cookies"
(4) Use the search bar to bring up cookies from the domain of interest
(5) Delete away. :)

o

Thanks Chugger ! Since you're a Firefox guy, Linux user and answer man.....do you have a 'collection' of add-ons or favorites ? There used to be a guy called Apollo's tool box or something. He had a good collection I used to check & found lots of good ones that way but haven't seen his name lately.

o

Probably not a list that would be useful to anyone else.

But, from Firefox Troubleshooting Information, I'll show you my current list. Notice that some of them are disabled.

Name

Version

Enabled

ID
Adblock Plus2.5.1true"d10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d>
customize_titlebar_v20.7truecustomize-titlebar-v2@solc.me
Disconnect3.11.0true2.0@disconnect.me
Download YouTube Videos as MP41.7.18true"b9bfaf1c-a63f-47cd-8b9a-29526ced9060>
Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus1.2.3trueelemhidehelper@adblockplus.org
Firebug1.12.6truefirebug@software.joehewitt.com
Google Search by Image0.3truegoogle@hitachi.com
ReloadEvery17.0.0true"888d99e7-e8b5-46a3-851e-1ec45da1e644>
Show Go! - Updated1.0.3.2trueshowgo-updated@supernova00
Stylish1.4.2true"46551EC9-40F0-4e47-8E18-8E5CF550CFB8>
UAControl0.1.3.1trueuacontrol@qz.tsugumi.org
WOT20131118true"a0d7ccb3-214d-498b-b4aa-0e8fda9a7bf7>
YesScript1.9.1trueyesscript@userstyles.org
CacheViewer0.7.6false"71328583-3CA7-4809-B4BA-570A85818FBB>
Clear Cache Button0.9ffalse"563e4790-7e70-11da-a72b-0800200c9a66>
DownThemAll!2.0.16false"DDC359D1-844A-42a7-9AA1-88A850A938A8>
Ghostery5.1.1falsefirefox@ghostery.com
Greasemonkey1.15false"e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781>
Ubuntu Firefox Modifications2.7falseubufox@ubuntu.com

o

I use Ccleaner to clean my computer and it has the option of saving cookies. works great.

I open Ccleaner, click Options, click Cookies and move those I do not want removed over to the right side and they are protected.

o

I do the same as Owbist. In Options you can keep the cookies you want and it stays that way until you decide to remove them. In other words, you don't have to do that each time you clean. I

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here