SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivamae_gw

Help needed again

ivamae
12 years ago

Seems like I am asking for a lot of help. I do really appreciate all your help.

I am running Windows 7 and have a cordless keyboard. Awhile ago strange things were happening and we thought it was the batteries so replaced them with a good brand. Everything seemed all right for a few days and then I started having problems again. After while it straightened up and has been fine. Now to-day it has started again.

When I went to proof read and found an error, if I tried to backspace to eliminate a letter or if I tried t delete just one letter, it was frozen and wouldn't do either. If I high ligted the complete word, it would delete that, without a problem. When I tried to type an apostrophe, it would come up as a French acute. I couldn't put quotation marks, or brackets. After while it was all right again. I had sent an email and they replied to it on the same email I had sent. Although I had proof read mine and it was fine, when it came back, what I had sent them was crazy in places. I had typed the word " don't" and it came back "donâ≢t . I had typed " I'm" and it came back " donâ≢t

I find it hard to think that this is part of a keyboard problem. Awhile ago I had used the translation feature of gmail to translate from English to Hungarian and had copied and pasted it into an email that I was sending by Rogers live mail to a relative in Hungary who does not know English. I'm wondering if this might have anything to do with this. As this problem only happens at intervals of several days or more, I hate to try another keyboard unless I'm reasonably sure that is the problem.

Any suggestions?

Comments (7)