Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Audio

Posted by sunshines (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 7, 11 at 20:13

3G2 Audio missing ?

Audio/Videos plays fine on the cell phone, doesn't work with windows media
player or real player. Sound is fine other wise.

I installed the program FoxTab converter, but no luck there, any other suggestions?

Didn't have a problem with my old desk top computer. It played videos with sound just fine using my cell ph chip and memory card reader.

I have a Toshiba Satellite..bought new last Oct 2010
No audio when I tried on another laptop either.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Audio

You are missing the codec to play the video file.
Google '3G2 codec' and you should be able to find it for download.
Download it and install it. Everything should then work fine.

Also, the video player linked below should play the file.

Pooh Bear

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

o

Thank you, I will try doing that and let you know how it goes.

o

I'm not getting anywhere..I thought I installed the right program with the link you sent. But when I browse for it, I don't seem to have it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Looking at the picture on the left,
can you click on browse and find the program in C:\Programs ?

Or can you open the program, and then open the video file
from inside the program. And set it as the default in the program.

Pooh Bear

o

Not getting anywhere, the suggestions are not working. I called Geek Squad and they tried to help as well.

When I click on change and then browse, in the picture shown above, the program options are not available. Once I made a shortcut to the desktop and tried to open it that way. No luck. I tried within the program itself as well.

I have goggled and tried so many programs to try to get the codec .

o

ok first do you have the lastest version of windows media player 12? if not go now and update it.
Windows Media Player

then get qtlite
QT Lite 4.1.0

try it and see if it works

o

Use to be simple to find a version of a program, when you clicked on ABOUT. I ran Belarc Advisor, couldn't find if I had wm12 player, I went to the program and could not find the version, tried your link to update and couldn't.

I have windows 7, should I try your other link anyway?

Thanks

o

you should be able to open media player click on help> about and it should have the version number there.

yes go ahead and get qt lite, since you have windows 7 I would bet you do have the latest media player.

To determine the version of Windows Media Player, click About on the Help menu in Windows Media Player, and then note the version number below the Copyright notice. If the Help menu is not displayed, press ALT+H, and then click About.

o

ALT+H gave me the version and it is 12, thanks for the info.
I installed QT Lite 4.1.0, and need info on how to use it...sorry if I'm asking to many questions.

o

QT Lite 4.1.0 is a paid version..needs to be registered. Oh well.

o

NO no QT lite is not a pay version it says right on the page freeware.

o

Here is what's happening...when I open the QT Lite program , it only offers two options in that file and that is configuration and uninstall...so when I click on configuration it opens up the window that has the register.

o

does it ask for money? registering is often required with free programs,AVAST free requires registering also. put some fake name in. I know many who use qtlite and qt alternative both work well but if you do not want to try it that is fine it was just one way that could possibly work.

Do you have the full version of Apple Quick time on your pc? the qt versions are so you can avoid getting loaded up with all that Quick time stuff.

o

No, just asking for the registration key but I did over ride it and put a different identity last night and like I said there are only two options in the program file..uninstall and configuration.

I don't have the full version of Apple Quick time, like you said it loads up to much junk..

Thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here