Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monitor problem

Posted by mudlady (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 19:56

I have an old Dell AS 501 monitor and use it with my new HP tower and WIndows 7. All was well until today. I used the computer this morning, then turned off the monitor and let the tower power down. This afternoon I returned to the computer and turned on the monitor and "woke" the tower. Since that time all the monitor does is display this message:

DELL
1: Analog Input
Self Test Feature Check

followed by red, green, blue and white bars.
I have changed batteries in my Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard and don't know what else to do. The info box moves slowly arounf the screen and I can't make it go away. I have turned off and restarted both the computer and monitor. I am now using my netbook and my network appears to be working correctly.

Please, does anyone have suggestions to get me out of this problem?

Thanks, Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monitor problem

Silly! But make sure It's plugged in. Stuff Happens :)

Next,

This MESSAGE box also appears during normal system operation if the video cable becomes disconnected or damaged.

See link,

Here is a link that might be useful: monitors

This post was edited by zep516 on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 20:16

o
RE: Monitor problem

Yes it appears as though the signal cable is not properly connected to either the computer or the monitor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here