Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
setting a reminder

Posted by jannaz (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 24, 12 at 19:38

I see that FF has a wonderful reminder where you can set it to remind you of all sorts of dates and times. I wonder if IE has such a thing? I couldn't find anything listed.

The PC we want to put this reminder on is WXP with IE 8.0.6001, but no FF. It also has Word 2000, but not M'soft Works.

Nothing urgent about this, just wondering.

Thanks,
J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: setting a reminder

I often use windows Task Scheduler to pop me a note. Or have it run media player with a lot of noise to wake me.
Programs/Accessories/System Tools

But if you're familiar with & enjoy FF reminders.. Its a very simple install.

o

Since you should always have more than one browser on a system, may I suggest installing FF and the add-on.

I use ReminderFox regularly.

DA

o

I use www.anyreminder.com
I use it for doctors' appointments and such.
It sends email reminders at 2 weeks before, 1 week before,
3 days before, 1 day before, and day of the appointment/event.
It is free to use.

Pooh Bear

Here is a link that might be useful: www.anyreminder.com

o

You might want to look at a program called 'stickies'. I've been happy with it for two or three years. Set the reminder and forget it. It will surface when you have programed it to. I think the current version is: Stickies 7.1c

o

Thank you all for the tips. I'll pass them along to my co-worker.

Note to DA - I suppose my question did throw a curve. I've used FF for years on my home computers and the one I use most often at work.

I'm not sure if it's on my co-worker's, but she does have IE, so that's why I asked.

you guys are the greatest!!!!
Jann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here