SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Problem bookmarking in Firefox - don't get dialog box

lynnalexandra
11 years ago

I've struggled with this problem for a few months - through several versions of Firefox - and searching a bit online.

I'm stumped. On my desktop computer (latest version of Firefox, Windows XP), I no longer get a dialog box when I bookmark something. I have all these folders set up and I used to get a dialog box that let me pick where to put the bookmark. For a while now, I don't get that dialog box on my desktop. I have checked under "Add Bookmark Here Options" and tried altering things there - no difference. From the settings, it looks like right clicking the bookmark star in the address bar should bring up the dialog - but it doesn't. For a while, I could still access the dialog box by going to the page itself, right-clicking somewhere on the screen, which brought up a dialog box that included the option to "bookmark this page." When I selected "bookmark this page", then the dialog box came up and I could determine which folder to put the bookmark in. But in the last couple of weeks (I'm not certain precisely how long), that option doesn't bring up the bookmark dialog box either.

Interestingly, on my laptop at home (also XP) and at work (Windows 7), I can still get bookmark dialog boxes with any of those methods. I might have an add-on on my desktop that's interfering - but I"m not sure what it would be. I did not install a new addon in the last couple of weeks - but maybe an add-on got updated along with a firefox update?

This problem clearly isn't resolving itself - so I need some help. I do most of my bookmarking and organizing on my desktop - and it's becoming an disorganized mess of bookmarks.

Thanks.
Lynn.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm