Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Printer--what kind???

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 18:38

I guess my printer is headed for the dumpster. Tried and tried to get the yellow to print etc, but no luck.
It is several years old, SO, am looking at the Epsom 600 or 800. Can get either at a good price. Have a HP all in one and I really like it, but have heard HP's are not as good as before. DH uses a Epsom with ink jars and likes it, but hard to get extra color fillers. Have to order on line
Consumer Reports good marks on the Epsom.'
Does anyone have one and can you use 67# card stock?
Thanks
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Printer--what kind???

What kind of stuff and how many sheets per week do you normally print?

o

I do not use my printer for anything businesslike, just for my own personal use--copying, scanning, etc. and making my own greeting cards, and it's an HP photosmart C4680. For my use it is absolutely fabulous. I would not trade it for another brand. And I do not and never have any connection with HP so whichever brand you choose is up to you. This one is just so right for my needs. Also, can find ink cartridges almost anywhere.

o

I have only had HP and have been very happy with all but one of them. It worked fine, but it had 5 or 6 ink cartridges and seemed like there was always one needing to be replaced. Two cartridges are enough to mess with. I donated that one to a charity store.

o

Might read up on laser printers.
Depends on your usage, but you might discover toner cartridges, are kind of nice and long lasting.

o

Thanks for the ideas. Did research between an Epson Experssion X600 and HP Photosmart7520. I have had the HP all in one 3210 and really liked it. Consumer reports gave higher marks on the Epson and DH just bought on about a year ago --diff. model- and Amazon offered 50.00 off and I had a 50.00 gift cert--so went with that.
Again thanks to all
Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here