Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AVG Not Compatible with ThunderBird

Posted by damccoy (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 17:02

A while back a member posted their concern regarding AVG Mail Scanner no longer being compatible with Thunderbird Mail. I'm sorry I don't remember who it was. I paid interest in the thread as I too had the same concern, and unfortunately no one was able to resolve it.

I have now found the work-around if anyone still needs it.

DA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AVG Not Compatible with ThunderBird

It appears the member requiring this information has not been present. I've got it on record if and when it comes up again, and it will from what I read.

DA

o

avg info:
http://blogs.avg.com/community/avg-feedback-update-week-8/
4. Mozilla Thunderbird plugin
A few AVG users noticed the E-mail Scanner Thunderbird plugin is not compatible with the most recent Mozilla Thunderbird version. Please be informed the Thunderbird plugin development is going to be discontinued as it brings no significant benefits to Thunderbird users comparing to the Personal e-mail scanner plugin.

Please remove the Thunderbird plugin and install Personal e-mail scanner plugin for Mozilla Thunderbird (and for other e-mail client applications except MS Outlook which has its own plugin). More information on e-mail scanner plugins can be found in FAQ 4448 http://www.avg.com/faq.num-4448

o

That material may be pertinent, but I have located and confirmed about a three click, two character entry that works out just fine. It's so easy even I can do it.

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here