SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
millworkman

Laptop gets sluggish mainly with FB

millworkman
11 years ago

ok, so same type issue as previous but mainly if I am on facebook. A little slow loading other webpages as well on occasion. 68 gb free of 105 on the harddrive ad 1gb of ram running Win7. Don't really use it for much other than surfing the web and email so really not looking to replace it so any suggestions?

Comments (40)

• zep516
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Lets look for adware, never hurts to check,

Download AdwCleaner http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
    Link below too for your convenience.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    ***Note: Windows Vista and Windows 7 users:

Right click in the adwCleaner.exe and select "run as adminstrator"

1 Click the Search button.

2 A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.

3 Please post the content of that logfile in your next reply.

4 Or you can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: AdwCleaner

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

# AdwCleaner v2.109 - Logfile created 02/02/2013 at 19:56:24
    # Updated 26/01/2013 by Xplode
    # Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (32 bits)
    # User : Herb - HERB-PC
    # Boot Mode : Normal
    # Running from : C:\Users\Herb\Desktop\adwcleaner (1).exe
    # Option [Search]

***** [Services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****

Folder Found : C:\Program Files\Conduit
    Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\InstallMate
    Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\Premium
    Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\Tarma Installer
    Folder Found : C:\Users\Herb\AppData\Local\Conduit
    Folder Found : C:\Users\Herb\AppData\LocalLow\Conduit

***** [Registry] *****

Key Found : HKCU\Software\1ClickDownload
    Key Found : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Conduit
    Key Found : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\SmartBar
    Key Found : HKCU\Software\Conduit
    Key Found : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\(02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670)
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\(608D3067-77E8-463D-9084-908966806826)
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\(EA28B360-05E0-4F93-8150-02891F1D8D3C)
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\(3C471948-F874-49F5-B338-4F214A2EE0B1)
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\(80922EE0-8A76-46AE-95D5-BD3C3FE0708D)
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Toolbar.CT3220468
    Key Found : HKLM\Software\Conduit
    Key Found : HKLM\Software\Iminent
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\(02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670)
    Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\(02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670)
    Key Found : HKLM\Software\Tarma Installer

***** [Internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16457

[OK] Registry is clean.

-\\ Google Chrome v24.0.1312.57

File : C:\Users\Herb\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

[OK] File is clean.

AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [2085 octets] - [02/02/2013 19:50:37]
    AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [2145 octets] - [02/02/2013 19:53:23]
    AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [2078 octets] - [02/02/2013 19:56:24]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [2138 octets] ##########

• Related Discussions

PLease help..computer is beyond speeding up now i think

Q

Comments (34)
    PolarPrincess - If you have a USB port, buy an external hard drive that connects to the USB port and copy ALL of your data (pictures and other personal files) to it. Then your data is safe and you can clean up the rest of the system. If not, burn them to CD for safety. THEN: 1 - Empty the Trash 2 - Search for files on the entire system, using this search pattern" *.bak (those are temporary files that can be deleted) 3 - Delete all of those files. 4 - Empty the trash again. 5 - Search for all *.tmp files and delete them 6 - Empty the trash again. 7 - Run the Windows XP "check disk" utility as described here: http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html It may take quite a while ... 8 - Then try running the defragmentation program.
    ...See More

Daily Support Mon. July 11th thru Sun. July 17th

Q

Comments (10)
    Hi Everyone! I've been MIA. My laptop died, got another one and managed to spill and entire cup of fresh coffee all over it, soaking the keyboard....talk about getting depressed. Really could not afford the laptop to begin with but hubby said it's our only real form of entertainment and he insisted. We don't have cable or satellite or antenna out here. I wanted to use an older laptop of his but apparently it's dying too. He's working on removing all data now before it shuts down for the last time. I left the laptop to dry for a couple of days....fired it up and the keyboard still did not work. Major depressive. So I hooked up a keyboard. I did not feel like talking much because the laptop was the icing on our financial cake...we're fine at the moment but still watching our pennies. It just got to us. Dave was even looking to spend a further $200 to get/replace the keyboard. I said no. I'll use the keyboard. Today I tried the laptop keyboard and it is working completely fine. It apparently needed more time to dry out. Thank you Toshiba for continuing to build better and better laptops! So I'm back. Emotionally it's been a rough week but I'm snapping out of it now. Dave just installed our first piece of kitchen yesterday - the sink unit with 3 drawers on the side. It's beautiful. 6 ft long with the second piece to be built as a mirrored image on the other side of the stove. First he's taking a break from cabinet making to make some storage shelves for his shop. It desperately needs to get stuff off the floor properly and room to sort his small stuff better. Safer working environment. It's late and I'll be off to bed in a few minutes. Tonight I watched Joan Crawford's 1945 Mildred Pierce online. WOW - what a great girly movie. I love black and white movies. She was fabulous in this movie. We're hitting a 5 day run of hot weather (by my standards) - 86F or 30C. Tomorrow morning I'll be watering my gardens and again in the evening. I don't care to lose my started tomatoes and peppers that are finally appearing. Socially this week has been very good. Finally got to spend decent time with our neighbour/friends across the road. They had us over a few times last summer/fall for proper dinners when we were living in the trailer. I was able to do something nice for Gail - I made her bedroom curtains which she loves. I was pretty pleased the way they turned out considering we went to a major charity shop and got a beautiful large silky looking table cloth in a purple/burgundy and a lavender/gray heavy curtain for the backing to add weight and keep the light out at night. We also had great girly time and got together here for a card night. Much needed. Very much needed. I'm back - I'm sure BJ will be back soon too! Still maintaining my weight, drinking water or heavily watered down ginger ale. I'm not nuts on pop, just bored with water sometimes. I only use part of a can. The rest goes back in the fridge for another day. Sweet dreams everyone - will be in touch tomorrow! LOL Peggy
    ...See More

I just don't get it with TEXTING!

Q

Comments (33)
    I love texting! I'm a middle-aged woman, but I text all my friends, and most of them know how to text back. We text little stuff, things we probably wouldn't make a phone call to talk about. "Clients were awful today. Calgon, take me away!" ... "Grace is driving me nuts. Want her to come live with you?" ... "Fajitas for dinner. Yum!" Texting does not isolate me. On the contrary, it connects me on a new level. It's similar to when email became popular. I got closer to my sister and my faraway friends, because email allowed me to say little things that I wouldn't have called or written to say. Same for texting, only moreso. I also use texting for simple exchanges of information. "We'll be late to gymnastics. There by 3:15." ... " "Will you bring the Mitchell file to court today? I need to copy some stuff." In the courthouse, everyone is texting. It saves so much time. For example, instead of running down the hall to another courtroom to look for a file, one of the D.A.'s will text the D.A. in the other courtroom. I've pretty much substituted text messages for voicemail messages, too. Most of my friends use their cell phones primarily or exclusively, and it's a lot easier to read a quick message than to have to dial into voicemail. (Speaking of which, as far as I can tell, young people don't use voice mail anymore. Young friends of mine complain when their mothers call and leave messages. "Why is she leaving a message? I can see she called on caller ID.") Just FYI, if you'd like to text someone but don't have texting on your cell phone (or don't have a cell phone), sign up for a Gmail account. It allows you to send SMS messages (that's texting) from your computer, just the same as an email. People can respond to you, too. I'm sure there are other services that do this, but Gmail happens to be the one I use. However you feel about texting, I think it's smart for anyone who has a child or grandchild to learn to do it.
    ...See More

tablet help needed...looking to purchase

Q

Comments (24)
    marita there has been updates to your model the final official Asus firmware update for the device is 4.0.3, released in July of 2012. The build number ends in .27 I have found the links for the firmware update for you, I will link it below. However it would be much easier if you would try getting over the air through the tablet, try doing as I suggested, settings, about tablet, system update and have it connect and scan for one. Watch the notifications bar for a download arrow and check the notifications list for any downloads, if you see it click it and select to install it. Otherwise you will have to go to the link below and find the proper firmware for your specific tablet, it's critical that you get the one for the right sku, it tells you there how to determine your own sku, I would think that it would be the US one. Now from what I read directly from Asus they are not issuing a Jellybean update for the 101 versions. I think I would try contacting Asus support and find out more about the firmware update that is offered there on their site and what options you have, and also how to get the updates over the air as you should. I wish I could help more but that's about it. Of course there's always the option to go to the xda forums and have them help you install a custom ROM that they have created which will allow you to have the latest Jellybean. This link takes you there where an Asus support tech actually suggested that http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2091679 Here is a link that might be useful: firmware update
    ...See More
  • zep516
    11 years ago

Ready to clean up the junk !

Please rescan with AdwCleaner.
    Double-click AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Click Delete.
    Everything that was found will be deleted.
    Save and open files and approve the reboot. A text file will open after the restart.
    Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

AdwCleaner v2.109 - Logfile created 02/02/2013 at 19:59:20
    # Updated 26/01/2013 by Xplode
    # Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (32 bits)
    # User : Herb - HERB-PC
    # Boot Mode : Normal
    # Running from : C:\Users\Herb\Desktop\adwcleaner (1).exe
    # Option [Delete]

***** [Services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****

Folder Deleted : C:\Program Files\Conduit
    Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\InstallMate
    Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Premium
    Folder Deleted : C:\ProgramData\Tarma Installer
    Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Herb\AppData\Local\Conduit
    Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Herb\AppData\LocalLow\Conduit

***** [Registry] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\1ClickDownload
    Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Conduit
    Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\SmartBar
    Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Conduit
    Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\(02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670)
    Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\(608D3067-77E8-463D-9084-908966806826)
    Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\(EA28B360-05E0-4F93-8150-02891F1D8D3C)
    Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\(3C471948-F874-49F5-B338-4F214A2EE0B1)
    Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\(80922EE0-8A76-46AE-95D5-BD3C3FE0708D)
    Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Toolbar.CT3220468
    Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Conduit
    Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Iminent
    Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\(02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670)
    Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\(02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670)
    Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Tarma Installer

***** [Internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16457

[OK] Registry is clean.

-\\ Google Chrome v24.0.1312.57

File : C:\Users\Herb\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

[OK] File is clean.

AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [2085 octets] - [02/02/2013 19:50:37]
    AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [2145 octets] - [02/02/2013 19:53:23]
    AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [2207 octets] - [02/02/2013 19:56:24]
    AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [2180 octets] - [02/02/2013 19:59:20]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [2240 octets] ##########

• zep516
    11 years ago

Lets check for more with another tool

Download and run Junkware Removal Tool, link below.

Please download http://thisisudax.org/downloads/JRT.exe to your desktop. Link below too. Click the link save the file to desktop.

1 Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.

2 Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator" the tool will open and start scanning your system.

3 Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.

4 On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.

5 Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Here is a link that might be useful: Junkware Removal Tool

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

it says this file appears malicious.

• zep516
    11 years ago

Who says? What Anti Virus program is telling you that?

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mse, running it anyway though

This post was edited by millworkman on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 20:40

• zep516
    11 years ago

That's why I wanted you to

"Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts."

Turn off real time protection MSE,
    SEE LINK on how to do that, then we will turn it back on after we are done

OK.

Here is a link that might be useful: real time protection MSE

This post was edited by zep516 on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 20:54

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu Version: 4.6.2 (02.02.2013:2) OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Ran by Herb on Sat 02/02/2013 at 20:49:17.60 ~~~ Registry Values Successfully deleted: \[Registry Value\] hkey\_current\_user\\software\\microsoft\\internet explorer\\urlsearchhooks\\\\(7473b6bd\-4691\-4744\-a82b\-7854eb3d70b6) ~~~ Registry Keys ~~~ Files ~~~ Folders ~~~ Chrome Successfully deleted: \[Registry Key\] hkey\_current\_user\\software\\google\\chrome\\extensions\\ejpbbhjlbipncjklfjjaedaieimbmdda Successfully deleted: \[Registry Key\] hkey\_local\_machine\\software\\google\\chrome\\extensions\\ejpbbhjlbipncjklfjjaedaieimbmdda ~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on Sat 02/02/2013 at 20:52:34.30
    End of JRT log

• zep516
    11 years ago

Do you have Malwarebytes installed?

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

yes, shall I run that? I had run Superantispyware earlier as well.

• zep516
    11 years ago

Yes run a Quick Scan post the log report. Please Up date Malwarebytes before running it.

Joe

This post was edited by zep516 on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 21:01

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70.0.1100
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.02.03.01

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x86 NTFS
    Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
    Herb :: HERB-PC [administrator]

2/2/2013 9:14:06 PM
    mbam-log-2013-02-02 (21-14-06).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
    Scan options enabled: Memory : Startup : Registry : File System : Heuristics/Extra : Heuristics/Shuriken : PUP : PUM
    Scan options disabled: P2P
    Objects scanned: 205936
    Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 24 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

• zep516
    11 years ago

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer click Here to your desktop. Click the Save file tab, save it to the desktop. Then double click it to run it.

Double-clickTFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista OR 7, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
    * Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
    * Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

This post was edited by zep516 on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 21:35

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ok, done with that as well.

• zep516
    11 years ago

Next

Download HijackThis from click Here to the Desktop.
    1. Double-click on HJTInstall.
    2. Click on the Install button.
    3. It will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe.
    4. Upon install, HijackThis should open for you.
    5. Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button
    6. HijackThis will scan and then a log will open in notepad.
    7. Copy and then paste the entire contents of the log in your thread.
    8. Do not have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

unistall list,

1. Open HijackThis
    2. Select Open the Misc Tools section.
    3. Select Open Uninstall Manager....
    4. Select Save List...
    5. Save it to your desktop for easy access.
    6. A notepad will pop up with the contents of the list.
    7. Copy and paste the contents of the notepad into your thread

Start up list

1. Open HijackThis.
    2. Select Open the Misc Tools section.
    3. Next to the button Generate Startuplist log, there are two boxes. Check both boxes.
    4. Select Generate Startuplist log.
    5. A prompt will come up asking if you want to continue; select Yes.
    6. A notepad will pop up after it has finished generating the list.
    7. Copy and paste the contents into your thread.

Take your time and post all 3 log reports.

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

this will be tomorrow now, thanks Joe

• zep516
    11 years ago

You're welcome! See you tomorrow.. :)

• kudzu9
    11 years ago

Totally aside from the other advice you've gotten here, I'm a little troubled by your running Win7 on just 1GB of RAM. That is the bare minimum you need to run the 32-bit version, and at that level you can't expect optimal performance. You're supposed to have a minimum of 2GB to run the 64-bit version. You should be able to add some RAM to your system and that should speed things up quite a bit. I suggest you go to crucial.com or kingston.com and plug in your specs to see how much RAM you can add to your system. This could be a cheap way to improve your computer's performance

• zep516
    11 years ago

Hi millworkman & kudzu9,

Kudzu9 is correct, so after we finish Tomorrow I suggest you also visit the crucial site and consider adding more RAM (Memory) to the computer.

Joe

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks guys, I will put that on my list to do as well.

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
    Scan saved at 8:22:44 AM, on 2/3/2013
    Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16457)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
    C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCtrl.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe
    C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    C:\Users\Herb\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
    C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC Server\vncserver.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
    C:\Users\Herb\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.google.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - (18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3) - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - (53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F) - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - (9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6) - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - (9FDDE16B-836F-4806-AB1F-1455CBEFF289) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
    O2 - BHO: Bing Bar Helper - (d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f) - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingBar\7.1.391.0\BingExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Bing Bar - (8dcb7100-df86-4384-8842-8fa844297b3f) - "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingBar\7.1.391.0\BingExt.dll" (file missing)
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSC] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QlbCtrl.exe] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BingDesktop] C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingDesktop\BingDesktop.exe /fromkey
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogMeIn GUI] "C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uTorrent] "C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" /MINIMIZED
    O4 - Startup: Dropbox.lnk = Herb\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MIF5BA~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Companion\companionlang.dll,-600 - (0000036B-C524-4050-81A0-243669A86B9F) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
    O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1004 - (219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1003 - (219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - (92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263) - C:\PROGRA~1\MIF5BA~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - (DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2) - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search && Destroy Configuration - (DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2) - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - (B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1) - C:\Users\Herb\Desktop\PartyPoker.lnk (HKCU)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - (B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1) - C:\Users\Herb\Desktop\PartyPoker.lnk (HKCU)
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
    O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
    O16 - DPF: (D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000) (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O18 - Protocol: wlpg - (E43EF6CD-A37A-4A9B-9E6F-83F89B8E6324) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler.dll
    O23 - Service: SAS Core Service (!SASCORE) - SUPERAntiSpyware.com - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE.EXE
    O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
    O23 - Service: Com4QLBEx - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
    O23 - Service: LMIGuardianSvc - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardianSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: LogMeIn Maintenance Service (LMIMaint) - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
    O23 - Service: LogMeIn - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
    O23 - Service: VNC Server (vncserver) - RealVNC Ltd - C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC Server\vncserver.exe
    O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
    End of file - 7806 bytes

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

7-Zip 9.20
    Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX
    Adobe Reader XI (11.0.01)
    AutoCAD 2010 - English
    AutoCAD 2010 - English
    Bing Bar
    Bing Desktop
    CCleaner
    Conexant HD Audio
    D3DX10
    ESET Online Scanner v3
    Google Chrome
    Google Drive
    Google Update Helper
    HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
    HP Quick Launch Buttons
    Junk Mail filter update
    LogMeIn
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.70.0.1100
    Mesh Runtime
    Messenger Companion
    Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
    Microsoft Office Basic 2007
    Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In
    Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007
    Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007
    Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
    Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007
    Microsoft Security Client
    Microsoft Security Essentials
    Microsoft Silverlight
    Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU]
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
    MSVCRT
    NVIDIA Drivers
    Optimum App for Laptop 1.62
    PartyPoker
    QLBCASL
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596615) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596672) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596744) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596754) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596785) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596792) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596871) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2597969) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2687311) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2687441) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2687499) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2687307) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 (KB2687440) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB2760421) 32-Bit Edition
    Spybot - Search & Destroy
    SUPERAntiSpyware
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
    Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB967642)
    Update for Microsoft Office 2007 Help for Common Features (KB963673)
    Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596660) 32-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596848) 32-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Help (KB963678)
    Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB2687404) 32-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Help (KB963677)
    Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2760586) 32-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office Script Editor Help (KB963671)
    Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 Help (KB963665)
    VNC Mirror Driver 1.8.0
    VNC Printer Driver 1.8.0
    VNC Server 5.0.3
    VNC Viewer 5.0.3
    Windows Live Communications Platform
    Windows Live Essentials
    Windows Live Essentials
    Windows Live Family Safety
    Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant
    Windows Live Installer
    Windows Live Mail
    Windows Live Mail
    Windows Live Mesh
    Windows Live Mesh
    Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections
    Windows Live Messenger
    Windows Live Messenger
    Windows Live Messenger Companion Core
    Windows Live MIME IFilter
    Windows Live Movie Maker
    Windows Live Movie Maker
    Windows Live Photo Common
    Windows Live Photo Gallery
    Windows Live PIMT Platform
    Windows Live Remote Client
    Windows Live Remote Client Resources
    Windows Live Remote Service
    Windows Live Remote Service Resources
    Windows Live SOXE
    Windows Live SOXE Definitions
    Windows Live UX Platform
    Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack
    Windows Live Writer
    Windows Live Writer
    Windows Live Writer
    Windows Live Writer Resources

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

StartupList report, 2/3/2013, 8:25:13 AM
    StartupList version: 1.52.2
    Started from : C:\Users\Herb\Desktop\HijackThis (1).EXE
    Detected: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
    Detected: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16457)
    * Using default options
    ==================================================

Running processes:

C:\Users\Herb\Desktop\HijackThis (1).exe

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Startup:
    [C:\Users\Herb\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
    Dropbox.lnk = Herb\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    UserInit = C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,

Autorun entries from Registry:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

MSC = "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
    NvCplDaemon = RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    NvMediaCenter = RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    QlbCtrl.exe = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
    SynTPEnh = C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    BingDesktop = C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingDesktop\BingDesktop.exe /fromkey
    Adobe ARM = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    LogMeIn GUI = "C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe"

Autorun entries from Registry:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

SUPERAntiSpyware = C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    uTorrent = "C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" /MINIMIZED

File association entry for .SCR:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoCADScriptFile\shell\open\command

(Default) = C:\Windows\system32\notepad.exe "%1"

Shell & screensaver key from C:\Windows\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
    SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
    drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=explorer.exe
    SCRNSAVE.EXE=*Registry value not found*
    drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*
    HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:

AcroIEHelperStub - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll - "18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3>
    (no name) - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll - "53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F>
    (no name) - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll - "9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6>
    (no name) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll - "9FDDE16B-836F-4806-AB1F-1455CBEFF289>
    (no name) - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingBar\7.1.391.0\BingExt.dll - "d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f>

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

Adobe Flash Player Updater.job
    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job
    GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[Shockwave Flash Object]
    InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash32_11_5_502_146.ocx
    CODEBASE = http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

Enumerating Winsock LSP files:

NameSpace #1: C:\Windows\system32\NLAapi.dll
    NameSpace #2: C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll
    NameSpace #3: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
    NameSpace #4: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
    NameSpace #5: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL
    NameSpace #6: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

WebCheck: *Registry key not found*

End of report, 6,009 bytes
    Report generated in 0.109 seconds

Command line options:
    /verbose - to add additional info on each section
    /complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
    /full - to include several rarely-important sections
    /force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
    /forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
    /forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
    /history - to list version history only

• zep516
    11 years ago

How's the computer running? The log looks good. If you do not use these,

1. Bing Bar
    2. Bing Desktop

You could uninstall them from the Start>control Panel>Programs & Features list. The Bing Desktop is running at start up.

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uTorrent] "C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" /MINIMIZED

Are you using the utorrent program?

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

not to my knowledge, running ok little sluggish still on occasion but probably due to the ram or lack there of.

This post was edited by millworkman on Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 14:59

• zep516
    11 years ago

Right! I would add more ram. Remove the Bing entries and post a fresh Hijackthis log.

• mikie_gw
    11 years ago

Ultimate with 1gb, that's the minimum.
    I saw one the other day .. was asked to speed it up. It had some virus but also while there I changed the paging file back to default. Somebody made it huge huge.

And unchecked all the gingerbread that eats up too much memory, every one of those things was checked !!! ... the slide in windows,, that fade in the sunlight... with the animated drapes, this and that's. Was told whatever I had done, really made her computer so fast ... heheh

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
    Scan saved at 3:24:38 PM, on 2/3/2013
    Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16457)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Users\Herb\Desktop\HijackThis (1).exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.google.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - (18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3) - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - (53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F) - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - (9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6) - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - (9FDDE16B-836F-4806-AB1F-1455CBEFF289) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSC] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QlbCtrl.exe] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogMeIn GUI] "C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MIF5BA~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Companion\companionlang.dll,-600 - (0000036B-C524-4050-81A0-243669A86B9F) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Companion\companioncore.dll
    O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1004 - (219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts.dll,-1003 - (219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - (92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263) - C:\PROGRA~1\MIF5BA~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - (DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2) - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search && Destroy Configuration - (DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2) - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - (B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1) - C:\Users\Herb\Desktop\PartyPoker.lnk (HKCU)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - (B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1) - C:\Users\Herb\Desktop\PartyPoker.lnk (HKCU)
    O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
    O16 - DPF: (D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000) (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O18 - Protocol: wlpg - (E43EF6CD-A37A-4A9B-9E6F-83F89B8E6324) - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler.dll
    O23 - Service: SAS Core Service (!SASCORE) - SUPERAntiSpyware.com - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE.EXE
    O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
    O23 - Service: Com4QLBEx - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4QLBEx.exe
    O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
    O23 - Service: LMIGuardianSvc - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardianSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: LogMeIn Maintenance Service (LMIMaint) - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
    O23 - Service: LogMeIn - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
    O23 - Service: VNC Server (vncserver) - RealVNC Ltd - C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC Server\vncserver.exe
    O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
    End of file - 7553 bytes

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

7-Zip 9.20
    Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX
    Adobe Reader XI (11.0.01)
    AutoCAD 2010 - English
    AutoCAD 2010 - English
    CCleaner
    Conexant HD Audio
    D3DX10
    ESET Online Scanner v3
    Google Chrome
    Google Drive
    Google Update Helper
    HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
    HP Quick Launch Buttons
    Junk Mail filter update
    LogMeIn
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.70.0.1100
    Mesh Runtime
    Messenger Companion
    Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In
    Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007
    Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007
    Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007
    Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007
    Microsoft Security Client
    Microsoft Security Essentials
    Microsoft Silverlight
    Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU]
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
    MSVCRT
    NVIDIA Drivers
    Optimum App for Laptop 1.62
    PartyPoker
    QLBCASL
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596615) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596672) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596744) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596754) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596785) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596792) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596871) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2597969) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2687311) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2687441) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2687499) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2687307) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 (KB2687440) 32-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB2760421) 32-Bit Edition
    Spybot - Search & Destroy
    SUPERAntiSpyware
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
    Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB967642)
    Update for Microsoft Office 2007 Help for Common Features (KB963673)
    Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596660) 32-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596848) 32-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Help (KB963678)
    Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Help (KB963677)
    Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2760586) 32-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office Script Editor Help (KB963671)
    Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 Help (KB963665)
    VNC Mirror Driver 1.8.0
    VNC Printer Driver 1.8.0
    VNC Server 5.0.3
    VNC Viewer 5.0.3
    Windows Live Communications Platform
    Windows Live Essentials
    Windows Live Essentials
    Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant
    Windows Live Installer
    Windows Live Mail
    Windows Live Mail
    Windows Live Mesh
    Windows Live Mesh
    Windows Live Mesh ActiveX Control for Remote Connections
    Windows Live Messenger
    Windows Live Messenger
    Windows Live Messenger Companion Core
    Windows Live MIME IFilter
    Windows Live Movie Maker
    Windows Live Movie Maker
    Windows Live PIMT Platform
    Windows Live Remote Client
    Windows Live Remote Client Resources
    Windows Live Remote Service
    Windows Live Remote Service Resources
    Windows Live SOXE
    Windows Live SOXE Definitions
    Windows Live UX Platform
    Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack
    Windows Live Writer
    Windows Live Writer
    Windows Live Writer
    Windows Live Writer Resources

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

tried posting the 3rd report and told me something about html code and dumps me back to the main page of gw.

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mikie, where do I find this info?

• zep516
    11 years ago

Close all browser windows, open Hijackthis, Do A System Scan Only Place a check mark in the following bold entries:

Click Fix Checked.
    Close Hijackthis.
    Reboot the computer.

We are not removing anything, these programs can be accessed from the program itself and do not need to start up at boot time.

Also Please remove the programs we downloaded, on AdwCleaner double click the program icon and choose Uninstall

On the Junk removal tool (JRT) Right click on the desktop icon and delete it.

Please delete any log files that were left on the desktop.

Empty the recycle bin.

That should do it.

Joe

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ok, thanks much Joe. Where do I find the settings mikie recommends resetting?

• zep516
    11 years ago

He is talking about the page file, you can read about here at the link provided, there talking about disabling it, but there is other information there too, tells you how to view it, in my opinion I would let windows manage the page file for you. I think it's also important that you add more ram to the computer First before making any adjustments and see how the computer functions then.

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: Windows Page file

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ok, will do thanks again!!

• mikie_gw
    11 years ago

Control Panel / System .. on left margin should have 'Advanced System Settings' .. then push the Performance button... look around in there.

• Elmer J Fudd
    11 years ago

I know some people who get sluggish mainly with FB.

• millworkman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

disregard

This post was edited by millworkman on Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 13:15