Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
canon digital camera disk

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 14, 11 at 16:19

Why can't i install this disk in my HP pavilion laptop?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: canon digital camera disk

And this disk is? Software? Images already created on a disk? An unintentional misspeak instead meaning memory card? Please a little bit more information would help.

DA

o

ok i'll try. it's the software disk that came with the camera.Itinstalled fine in the old computer so i'm thinking there's something i have to do different with this computer...

o

Ok now. Is it not auto playing or is it a case of opening up, but won't install?

Let's deal with not auto playing. Load the disk in the drive. Now in the system's Computer entry, formally called My Computer, look for the listing corresponding to the disk drive. Right click on it. Select Open on the appearing drop down menu. Results?

Also if the current system is W7, have you checked the manufacturer's website to see if the software is compatible? Particularly so if it is a 64-bit system.

DA

o

I haven't installed the camera software on my last 3 computers. I just put the card in the slot on the computer and click on my computer and open the drive it is on. Then I copy and post the folder to my desktop or just click and drag it over.

o

thank you guess i will just put the card in, it's easier...

o

I always suggest not using any of the extra software that comes with cameras it is rarely needed and just adds more clutter and takes up space on the hard drive.

It is so easy to just use the memory card and the memory card slot on the pc or if it does not have a memeory card slot pick up a usb memory card reader they are very cheap. Then just move the pics from the card right to the folder of your choice on the pc.

My guess is that the software is not compatible with windows 7 64 bit if that is what the new pc is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here