Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Printer not printing in colors

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 15:21

HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One, computer XP.
Finally got new cartridge of yellow, did not use printer without this, installed it and now printer will not print in all colors. Just a greenish/grey with a bit of yellow showing, no pink or dark pink.
Went to HP site, did some checking, but now really confused. this is what I found: After the warning to use official HP cartridges, and I do, it said Open the printer TOOLBOX then gave additional information. STOP (me) where do I go to find this and/or what else do I do to make it print normal.
I did print a test picture on my computer and hubby's to make sure it was the printer
Thanks
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Printer not printing in colors

Marie - I have a HP printer that takes the seperate ink tanks (although not the same ones as you) - when I run it out of ink, I have the same issue. Or if I have not used the printer for a while.

To open the Toolbox - go to your start menu on your computer. That is the big "windows" button on the bottom left of your toolbar.

Select ALL PROGRAMS and navigate to HP Solution Center. When that is open - choose "Settings" and then look for "Printer Toolbox" -

When you get to the Toolbox - first "clean the printheads" - then "align the printheads"

That usually fixes it for me. Sometimes I have to clean the printheads twice to get it printing good again.

I am also able to access this from the buttons on my printer. There is a menu button on mine.

o

I sent you (iowagirl2006) an email, but will explain for others here. I did find it, and did what you suggested and it still is not printing right. For some reason my new yellow cartridge went from full to almost empty while doing the cleaning. I suspect a leak somewhere as I have pretty colored hands for a awhile. I do have one more yellow cartridge but if I use that, I have to buy more and I just bought 2 today. One almost gone. May have to use the second one. I did the same with black about 3-4 months ago.

o

HP offers free support for the installation of new cartridges, they will work with you on the phone to success or they will replace the cartridge. They track their sales closely and will lead you through steps (tests) to determine the root cause of the failure and they will make it right. Every cartridge has some sort of serial number so that they know that you just purchased it. I'm just saying that losing half of your ink in a cleaning is not right, that cartridge is defective.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here