SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kudzu9

Problem with latest version of Firefox (10.0.2)

kudzu9
12 years ago

I just upgraded my Firefox browser to the latest version. It seems to be somewhat faster, and I've gotten used to the changes from my previous version. However, I do have one problem. I often have a lot of pages open in my browser. When I want to open an additional page, I sometimes like to open it in a new window, rather than a new tab. When I do this in Firefox 10, the web address is blank. If I try to bookmark it, it will bookmark properly. If I click on a hot link to go to another page, the new page will display an address, AND when I click back to the previous page, the web address that had been initially blank is then displayed. This problem doesn't occur when I open something in a new tab...only in a new window. The reason I like to have the web address displayed is that I often copy it so I can insert it into an email. I know I could avoid this if I always opened things just in new tabs, but that's not how I do my browsing.

I've looked at the browser settings, and there doesn't seem to be anything that would affect this. Has anyone else had this minor problem? And, more importantly, does anyone have a fix? I am thinking this is just a bug in the new browser, but haven't been able to find anything yet by doing a Google search.

Comments (5)