Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Windows Live Messenger.....

Posted by sharon_2010 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 28, 11 at 14:54

Hello,

When I have my Windows Live Messenger on offline , after afew minutes it goes to available.I want it to stay offline till I change it. Can you help me?

Thanks,

Sharon.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Windows Live Messenger.....

have you tried this?

1. Sign off - You get the option to sign in again. Below that there is a link that says "Sign in with a different account or change your online status"
2. Click on that link - You get a pop up window that with fill-in boxes for your email address and password. Below that you have the option to set your Status to Appear Offline
3. Sign in - Your status will show you "offline"

o
RE: Windows Live Messenger.....

Or just right click and open messenger.
Choose tools from the menu bar, seclect Options.
Then on left pick start up... then on right uncheck 'Start with windows'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here