Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adobe flash player message

Posted by minnie_tx (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 14:27

The last two or three days I've ben getting an annoying popup to install it I've tried and it goes to a certain point and then just sits there the screen showing gives the option to quit. I cant find anything in my programs How can I get rid of this annoyance I have WP if that helps any

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adobe flash player message

You have to be patient when it comes to Flash updates. They sometimes take an unusual amount of time to configure.

As an alternative you could save the download to your system, close all open windows including browsers, and then install from the stored location. This protocol does alleviate the reference of the dedicated browser referred to by RC.

DA

o

Thanks everyone Raven I'm scared I dont know about fixing things like you all said I'll have to think about it.hope I dont have to call in a geek squad

o

Everyone who has Flash installed has gotten that update message in the past few days.

There's nothing to worry about or investigate, it's safe. Just click "OK".

You'll keep getting the message until you do the update.

o

I got a message from Secunia that Adobe was patched. I assume I got the update. I like Secunia because it updates things automatically.

Jane

o

I was afraid to do any of the suggestions. Yesterday I noticed I dont get that message anymore.
I'm thinking that maybe during one of the automatic updates that happen and turns my computer off and restarts it that whatever I did before got activated and it downloaded,. Thanks all

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here