Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't View Shows on (Free) Hulu

Posted by not2bright (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 14:17

I've been trying to watch an old TV series on (free) Hulu. I tried first in FF 18. But after watching the first part of an episode of the show and after coming back from the first commercial break, the player would go black. No activity whatsoever.

I did some research and tried several suggestions made:

1. right-clicking the screen area and clicking on 'settings' and DE-selecting "enable hardware acceleration" worked for a little while, but at the last commercial break in the episode it happened again.

2. trying Chrome (or in my case Comodo Dragon) -- this also worked for a (longer) while but eventually it, too, refused to play after returning from a commercial break.

3. I tried it in Opera. Same thing. Works for a while. But it refused to play, always after returning from commercials.

I looked at the Hulu site and there was a suggestion that a firewall might be blocking some FF plugin but I can't find that in my windows 7 firewall list.

I also looked at FF, CD and Opera forums and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of discussion about this.

I know I have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (which Hulu apparently uses).

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with Hulu or does anyone have a suggestion ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't View Shows on (Free) Hulu

I would open a topic at the Hulu site.

http://www.hulu.com/discussions/1/141393/655236

Joe

o

You're probably right, Joe. :-)

But fortunately, and for whatever reason, it's actually been behaving itself the past 24 hrs. or so. (fingers crossed)

o

• Posted by mikie z9 St.Pete.FL (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 10:42

Sounds like your browser cache is too small. Streaming Video's don't always clear with the normal clear cache method if they haven't completed the file download. They seem to have to grow a few hours old or age some time amount before they will clear.

Its a good idea to let those streaming type video's reach their end and stop .. meaning watch the ending credits/music.

This post was edited by mikie on Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 10:45

o

As a matter of fact, I always exit the episode before closing credits, so you may have something there, mikie. I'll try it and see what happens Thanks. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here