SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
betsyhac

Hacked

betsyhac
13 years ago

So I got a call from Visa this morning, and someone tried to use my CC # to charge all kinds of stuff, which I then nixed and closed the account. I also closed my debit account just to be on the safe side. This event coincides with a purchase I made on Etsy thru Paypal (which I've had problems with in the past), and since I've not made any other purchases with this CC for several weeks, I'm assuming it's no coincidence. I've only stored my CC on Amazon, so I immediately went there to delete the #, but found the site a mess, unusable, and was unable to access my account. My computer also sent me a msg saying that the page (Amazon) I was trying to load might be an imitation. I then restarted. I have a Mac, so I'm fairly sure I don't have a virus, but I've just spent hours undoing PWs and completely 86ing 1Password (never stored bank info on there). My God, what a HASSLE!! Makes me want to take an axe to my computer. Anything else I should do? Any words of wisdom re security? I use a Macbook Pro. My life revolves around the Inet. I use Amazon for most purchases. I'm so distraught and disillusioned at this point. How does this happen?

Comments (7)