Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flagging Posts, Moderators?

Posted by electricalkid (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 12 at 13:47

How do I flag a post on this forum? And also, where are the mods?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flagging Posts, Moderators?

This is not that kind of forum there are no mods, no post flagging. It is strictly voluntary
There's a contact link below the posts.

What is it that you wish to flag?

o

I wish to flag a few posts in the linked thread and every time I see a Spam post posted on here. Thank you for your reply.

Justin,

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread with posts to be flagged.

o

The only option with spam is to go to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and send an email to the GardenWeb webmaster identifying where and when the offending post was made. Sometimes these get acted on and sometimes they seem to get lost or never acted on. My success rate is about 50% in having spam messages vaporized...

o

Way at the very bottom of this page there's line of stuff that can be clicked on. The last one in one of those lines is "contact us".

It will ask for your info and then there's a message box. In the message box, suggest starting with a single sentence about why you object and then copying/pasting the heading of the objectionable post so that the monitor can find it easily.

My personal hot-button is spam. I've done quite a bit of this for spam. None for rants or insults or other stupid stuff which I regard as normal and to be expected. Other people have different opinions. In terms of results, I've seen some posts deleted within an hour and others ignored indefinitely.

Over the years I've received a few "friendly reminders" myself.

o

When you use the contact form, add the URL of the thread plus the URL of the offending poster's "My Page." I keep track of my submissions in the Test Forum on a spam thread. Just copy and paste the URLs in you message.

My success at getting rid of spam has increased since I started using this thread. Not everything gets caught but, it's been better.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: spam thread

o

I am LOLing at that thread!! Man I am glad that person does not tend to frequent the computer help forum!!!! So hard to be helpful to some people LOL!!!

o

It's interesting how this forum doesn't have any moderators. Thank You kudzu, asolo, and sushipup for the advice. Normally, I'm used to hitting a "flag post" button and the mods take care of it. I don't really like spammy forums. :P

Anyone else notice the BB code not working?

Justin

o

No BB code does not work here either you have to use HTML.
We don't get a lot of spam here at this one, every now and then one pops up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here