SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

resizing all pictures in a folder?

chas045
10 years ago

We are using Win7 and it includes Windows Photo Gallery. I don't really know what I am doing with it, but on two occasions I was able to (probably select and) compress the size of all or perhaps even just some of the photos and store them in the same or a new folder after using the 'brouse' to choose the wanted folder. I know I was using win photo gallery. It was the default viewer. However, now I can't seem to reproduce the method to do this.

Big Edit: Actually I have found what i did before, but it probably wasn't the most effecient approach and could still use some advise. I truly did use the 'organise' tab. The first problem is that I probably have a dukplicate location for this particular folder and the 'organise' probably pulled in the other folder (or something else). Anyway it had generated duplicates of every pic in the folder. I selected every other pic and THEN was able to find 'edit', 'resize' and 'brouse' and it worked. I am leaving the rest of the post so you can see my approach. I would appreciate it if you know of an easier method.

'rest of original post'
I know that it was difficult to find a method to get to a place where I even found an 'edit' function, but once in 'edit' it gave the option to brouse etc. I have managed to recreate this with one selected picture at a time, but that would be absurd. I have also used the 'organize function (I probably managed to use it effectively originally); but now it seems to show me all of our pictures from everywhere, and if I choose one folder from the left hand side where folders are shown, all pics still remain on the right. I certainly don't want to move hundreds of unneeded pics into some subfolder. Actually, I did try one move using organize and fortunately it only moved one pic which is better than accidently moving hundreds or thousands but not what I needed

I suppose there are plenty of dedicated routines to do this and if one is straightforward I would be happy to try it.

This post was edited by chas045 on Wed, Feb 26, 14 at 13:46

Comments (3)