Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Command line??

Posted by Sue-va (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 13:13

I'm getting this black pop up at the bottom of the screen wherever I go...

This command line is designed for developers etc. . . .

I googled and came up with something from Mozilla.bg and another site (?).

I've tried to copy it and delete it, but neither works.

Where did it come from and what can I do about it?

Edited to add. W7, Firefox

TIA.

Sue

This post was edited by Sue-va on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 14:29

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Command line??

I don't have the answer, just questions.

Does it look something like this?

If it does, doesn't clicking the little "x" on the far right close it? Does it appear again on it's own? (without accidentally pressing "Shift-F2")

On my computers, I can make it appear, but can just as easily close it and have it stay closed. So although I don't use it, it doesn't bother me.

Personally, if it refused to go away and/or stay away, I'd probably reset Firefox.

Just something to consider, I'm no expert.

o

Chuggerguy,

Yes that was it. I did not see a grey box on the upper right like yours shows. Had it been there I would have seen the little x and whatever the other tool is, and would have gotten rid of it.

Don't know where it came from or why, but it is gone now.

You are expert enough when you can fix a problem. A while back I remember you solved a problem for me. Can't remember exactly now what it was, but it had something to do with installing or uninstalling Firefox. So thanks again.

Sue

o

You're welcome Sue, and thank you for letting me know.

Richard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here