Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Threat Alert?

Posted by candler (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 11:17

XP;ie7;cable;AVG. Today is Thursday. AVG has put the large, red, half-screen THREAT ALERT on the access screen for the GardenWeb/THS web site. They did come from AVG.

I've Googled for AVG/Gardenweb threat information. Seems there's been false ALERTS in the past but nothing recently. I contacted AVG HELP and, as usual, came away with little useful information

So, a few minutes ago I deleted the ALERT screens and came on to this site. I'm still uneasy that maybe my system is being infiltrated with a virus and who knows what else.

Has anyone encountered this problem? What did you do? The threat reads: nbcudigitaladops.com/hosted/js/ths_gardenweb_com.js.

Did I do the right thing? Is there something additionally I should do? I think I could add this to a list of acceptable exceptions and do away with the red alerts, but should I? How would I know how serious this threat might be? Thanks, Gene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Threat Alert?

Hi candler,

There's a topic about your concerns. Please have a look in the link provided.

Joe :)

Here is a link that might be useful: AVG Issues

o
RE: Threat Alert?

Thanks for offering to help, zep516. Maybe I'm an alarmist. This alert is only one of maybe a half dozen over ten years or so and I guess I've been spoiled.

I did get in touch with AVG. The alert went after a few days. It could have ended from my call to AVG; something within the massive Internet system that just ran its course, or something within Gardenweb. I'm just glad its no longer there.

Many thanks to you and the others who offer help. Regards, Gene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here