Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
email goes to address i dont have

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 21, 11 at 11:14

When i send emails to my niece at her home address she gets them at work. I can't figure this out because i don't even have her work address. Could it be a virus?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: email goes to address i dont have

Maybe she has them forwarded from her home address to her work address. I have several email accounts that I forward to one email address. Just a thought.

Terry

o

she says not...

o

Delete all of her entried from your windows address book and re-enter the data with her home address.

o

Viruses are evil, but generally not going to do something like this....

o

the only way that can happen is if she has them forwarded to that account. If you do not even have her work email then it is not on your end. She may have her one account set up to fetch her email from other accounts which would also send it to that account.

she needs to check the actual header info on the email itself and it will show for sure to which address you sent the email and will give the routing info too. Each email client has a different method for seeing full header info.
She needs to find out for her particular one.
For example I use hotmail so I would right click on the actual title of the email in my inbox and select view source to see the full header info.

to find out how to locate headers in your email client simply do a google search with your email client name and find full headers for example find full headers outlook express.

o

Which of her emails does she have listed for the "reply to" field?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here