Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canon camera manuals

Posted by plantbug (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 9:58

Any help with where to find the printed manuals for Canon camera PowerShot SX50 HS? I have checked with Canon and they don't print the manuals but will print in 8x11 size!!! I was going to get them printed but one manual had 286 pages!!!! Any ideas??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canon camera manuals

o

You can download the manual right here in pdf:

Here is a link that might be useful: Canon manual SX50

o

Thanks, I was hoping to find a small one to take out in the woods/field.

o

Once you download it, you can print it out, you know?

o

I know there are sites that will print and bind manuals for things. My friend used a site for her smart phone manual as it didn't come with a paper one and she didn't want it printed on big size sheets so paid $20 I think it was and they made her a nice small spiral bound manual that fits in her purse. I don't know what company it was but there are probably a few online you can look into. Mary

o

Or, if you want it in a compact size, put the pdf file on your smartphone and refer to it there.

o

That's what I did for my new camera and it was so handy having the PDF on my phone and not have to dig the manual out of the car every time I needed to look something up on vacation. Some people are just old school and would still prefer the paper manual. Mary

o

"Some people are just old school and would still prefer the paper manual. Mary" I know you were not talking about me, Mary. (Joking)

o

No I know lots of people that just prefer a paper manual. Mary

o

acraftylady, Can you find out where your friend got her manuals printed? So far I have only found the 8x11.

"Some people are just old school and would still prefer the paper manual. "

Yes, me. I don't even have a cell phone.

Thanks for all the suggestions. plantbug

o

I was lucky the smartphone I got last year came with a full printed manual, I was very surprised at that. Will see this lady Wednesday and will ask her where she ordered it. Mary

o

I had to download one for my kodak too, and you are right, it is well over 200 pages printed out, and very incovenient. Someone told me that the manual is in the camera, but, if it is, I sure cant find it.

o

This might be a generational/technology comfortable type thing, but I'd suggest to you that most people today would find a 200+ page digital file MUCH more convenient to have than a 200+ page book. Not to state the obvious, but it's also a significantly cheaper format for the manufacturer to supply, whether on a CD or via download.

o

My new LG came with only an 8 page Quick Start brochure. I downloaded the the .pdf manual onto the computer, and copied the file to my One Drive (Sky Drive) account. No printing necessary as I see it..

DA

This post was edited by damccoy on Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 20:04

o

I have done the same thing with my HTC One smart phone as far as keeping a pdf file on my computer.

Nothing came with this new HP computer, but I'm keeping the manuals that came with the old XP because there are complete guides to upgrading and trouble shooting, along with good pictures. Even though it's a different machine, basically it's much the same inside, so these might come in handy for me. All I could find online was the barest bones of information and illustrations.

o

Bobbie,

I did the same thing with my new HP system manual as I did for my LG phone.

DA

o

Ok here is where my friend ordered the printed bound manual for her phone. She was very pleased with the service. I saw the booklet and thought it was done very nice and compact in a spiral bound. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: printed manuals

o

acraftylady, thank you!

o

You are righ; Canon does not supply a manual with the PowerShot SX50 HS camera.

Here'e what I did: I downloaded the manual from Canon's web site - all 285 pages in pdf format. I double sided printed the manual choosing the option that gave me a print zone of approximately 4 1/8 by 5 11/16 inches. Since double sided printing can get messed up, I broke the job into pieces printing a range of pages for example, printing 1 - 20 pages in the first batch, and then print 21 - 40 pages for the next batch, etc. Be careful to choose page ranges that ends with the the last page on the backside of the sheet (an even numbered page). Doing the job in sub-batches allows you to refill the sheet feeder when it gets low and to abort a batch in case of a foul up.

The printout came out double sided on full sized pages and the front and back side print zones were perfectly aligned with each other.

Next, I took the printout to my friendly Office Depot store to finish. They trimmed the sheets leaving a small border around the print zone and about 5/8 border on the left side for binding. I had my pages punched and bound with substantial plastic sprial material. This permits the book to be opened and folded back on itself. Office Depot added heavy translucent front and back covers. These covers protect the pages and keeps them from curling.

I am very pleased with the results. The cost for the bindery was about $6. Office Depot could have bound the pages with adhesive like a paper back book, but I chose the spiral binding to allow the book to open flat and to turn back on itslef. It makes a nice field guide.

The downloaded file can be printed to full letter size to make an office reference copy, however, I find that is not needed so long as I have the smaller camera bag copy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here