Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've lost a picture

Posted by casi (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 9:52

I had sent a picture to the recycle bin and then decided that I still wanted it. I went into the recycle bin and "restored" it. But I don't know where it went??? I went thru all my pictures and I can't find it anywhere. Unfortunately it was not named....I had downloaded it from e-mail and it was just numbered. Any ideas where it might have gone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've lost a picture

If you saved it from an email then assuming you never deleted the email you can save it again. If you deleted the email look in the deleted folder perhaps.

o

Have you rebooted since restoring it? If not, you might try that.

o

Presuming it is a jpg file:
Go to Start > Search > type in *.jpg and it should cough up all your pics as thumbnails. Then it's a simple matter of scrolling thru a million thumbnails. :-)

Or whatever file extension you believe it to be

o

I just did that for drill. If you do that better limit your search to files modified within the last week or month or how ever long it's been. That'll cut the result down to reasonable size.

o

Thanks everyone. I found it. I did re-boot but I don't think that was what did it. I just happened to look in downloads and there it was. I guess that is where I deleted it from, as I had downloaded it from a Yahoo e-mail.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here