Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
403 Forbidden access

Posted by gogwmos (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 9:12

I ran my usual cleanups (spybot, ccleaner, regcleaner) and now when I am trying to open a certain bookmark this is what I see.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I reinstalled Java but that didn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 403 Forbidden access

A basic Google search using the keywords "403 forbidden error" (sans quotes) will provide material for you to review as to this concern.

DA

o

you do registry scans on a regular basis? well that explains a lot of why you have so many problems.
It is NOT recommended to use registry cleaners ever. They are not needed and can cause serious problems with the system.
I hope at least you have made backups of the registry before running a registry cleaner.
Spybot is not the best tool either, it is ok as a back up but the scans you should be running are malwarebytes and superantispyware if you want the best options, both free. You should have seen us recommend use of those repeatedly.
You definitely should have malwarebytes on your pc and update it and run it often since you have had problems in the past.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Win) - Detecting and Removing Malware

o

Perhaps your bookmark is now obsolete or the site's server is down.
Try to access using Google search.

o

Thank you Az..

L2's idea might have merit. Normally its a 404 error, but maybe.........? You never know with a browser and the Internet.

DA

o

DA agree

o

Noted RC.

DA

o

Thanks DA!

I tried unplugging my modem and that solved the problem, but thank you for the advice on reg cleaners, I never knew!

o

And thanks Raven! Didn't mean to forget you in my post!

o

RC,

Email me so I can reply.

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here