Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HP Photosmart C4700 Series

Posted by shaun (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 25, 11 at 9:01

Hi all~

Does anyone know how to change the settings on an all in one wireless HP Photosmart C4700 Series printer to make it scan and/or print darker?

Doesn't matter if I scan and save to computer or print out a page, it's so light you can hardly read it.

Ink cartridges were changed to rule out that problem.

Much Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HP Photosmart C4700 Series

I have the exact same printer, right click on icon in taskbar, launch solution center, check the settings, even advanced, that is the place to make any changes..

o

Hi Susie, I did that and can't find anywhere to make it print/fax darker. Ummmmmm now what?

o
wondering........

Could the problem be that this printer is not compatible with Windows 7?

o

Did you install it according to HP instructions, including the use of the disk, or did you just connect it and just let Windows detect it as new hardware?

DA

o

Damccoy, it's been a while since I got it but I'm pretty sure I used the CD that came with it. I'm thinking this thing has to be compatible, it came with the computer and the computer already had windows 7 installed.

o

The printer prints fine otherwise?

o

The printer prints fine, it's when I scan a paper to fax it or email it to someone, it is so faint they can't read it.

o

Has nothing to do with W7, I use mine with 2 W7 PC's, are the ink cartridges the orig. may be something wrong with them? did you remove the film from the bottom? or side? or clean with achohol..

o

Is this a new problem (the scan feature worked fine in the past)? What happens if you copy something? Is there any differences based on the type of document (black and white text vs. color magazine page)? Have you tried changing the resolution of the scan or any other settings?

o

Mike, I'll try that, thanks.

o

My Computer came back from the repair shop, but now the HP installation disc is in German, how can I get it back to English?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here