Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good media player?

Posted by gogwmos (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 7:16

I have Win XP and I tried to download MSN media player on my new laptop because I am used to it. It denied the download because I need Windows 7.

What is a good media player that is compatible with XP?
?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good media player?

Windows Media Player 11, Win Amp Full, and VLC, are all pretty good ones. Avoid Real Player as it configures deeply and hogs resources.

These and more are available at Filehippo.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: Filehippo.

o
RE: Good media player?

All right, it is downloaded and I have many songs that I downloaded from Kazaa. When I go to play them, I get a pop up saying

"The owner of the protected content you are trying to access requires you to first upgrade some of the MS digital rights management (DRM) components on your computer.

DETAILS
When you click OK, a unique identifier and a DRM security file are sent to a MS server on the internet. The file is replaced with a customized version that contains your unique identifier.

This increases the level of protection provided by DRM."

Then I click OK and I get this:
"The security upgrade cannot be performed because the server is not available. Try again later."

I have tried this over and over, same result since last night.

Any ideas?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here