Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cookies folder

Posted by christophern (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 13, 11 at 7:08

I recently "upgraded" to win7 and now cannot find the folder where all the cookies are stored. I have used the normaly very helpful search option but all I get is where to change setting etc. not the actual folder where they are all listed.
Thanks
Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cookies folder

See if that's it,

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies

You may get an error "access denied", let us know.

o

got all the way to the cookies part and cane to a dead end, no cookies folder

o

The Enigmatic Cookies Folder In Windows Vista, & Windows 7.

Note, that you will have to change the settings of Windows Explorer to show all kinds of files (including the protected system files) in order to access these folders
go to file explorer - organize>Folder Options>View tab> click ON "Don't show hidden files... and click OFF "hide protected operating system files

o

Open Explorer > Organize > Folder Options > Views > Check 'Do not show hidden files and folders' and Uncheck 'Hide protected OS files' > Apply > OK.

See if any help here.

Here is a link that might be useful: cookies folder

o
More

Raven you owe me a coke! LOL

o

Already had that done, still no cookie folder?

o

Don't worry I have a similar issue on my machine. Win 7.

See link on a discussion

Here is a link that might be useful: cookies folder.

o

Found them. Had to open system files and they were in the temp folder. Thanks

o

As much as I would like, from my past record, I don't dare to play it safe for now. "LOL"

Thanks for this post.

o

If you are looking to clean up why not install Ccleaner? Install, run, click Options, click Cookies to see the list or just run the cleaner to remove them.

Cookies you need saved, like this site perhaps you move to the right column before doing the clean.

o

I have Cookie Wall installed here on Win7 64bit and when I Right click on it and choose Add/Delete, it shows all my cookies and gives the choice of what you want to save or delete. LOVE that program.
The difference with Win7 compared to WinXP is with XP, I had it pop up each time a cookie wanted to install and I stopped it right then from.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here