SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luis_pr

Pro versions similar?

luis_pr
10 years ago

My PC has 32-bit Windows XP Pro. I bought the unit with XP when Vista was unpopular and causing complaints.

Not sure why I chose the Pro version now. What are the differences between XP and XP Pro? I was considering installing WIndows 7 and wondered if I needed to upgrade from XP Pro to a 7 Pro Version (if 7 Pro exists). I went to the Microsoft website but could not locate answers to these questions. :o(

Like I said, I am not sure what made me install XP Pro originally; it has been years. My login screen allows me to specify multiple users and I am making using of that. But I do not know if that is why I chose XP Pro originally.

I tried a Windows 8 PC with touch and it is sitting out there gathering dust. A bad investment. I actually believed those yahoos that said it would be easy to migrate. So, after this Windows 7 Upgrade to the old desktop runs its course and 7 is no longer supported, I will either go the Apple route or use Android on those smartphones instead.

So... my questions are (a) what are the differences between the XP and XP Pro Versions. (b) And if there is such a thing as a 7 Pro, what are the differences between the 7 and 7 Pro Versions?

A link to this info is ok if you do not know. And yes, I know little of Windows/PCs and am asking in order to determine if I need to go from XP Pro to 7 Pro.

TIA!

This post was edited by luis_pr on Sun, Feb 2, 14 at 3:35

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!