Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Epson scanner problem.

Posted by mudlady (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 12 at 1:01

I guess I am too stupid to understand directions in the "Help" section for my Epson printer/scanner CX4200-4800. I spent 2 hours fighting to get some copying done and running out of black ink didn't help my frustration any. I don't give up easily and I finally had success with scanning to a file and then printing. However, I still can't make the scanner work properly as a copier. When I put in any item it is copied and printed, but the size is always reduced. Please--if anyone knows what I am doing wrong, or simply not doing, tell me how to copy at the actual size of the scanned image. Thanks.
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Epson scanner problem.

Nancy go here and scroll down to page 7 for full details and a picture of the control panel on your machine. This is a PDF document so you'll need Adobe, Foxit or a similar reader which you no doubt have on your computer anyway.

o

Owbist--
OMG! I found the answer on page 8. My printer is in an obscure place and all this time I THOUGHT it was set for "letter size" but it wasn't. I used a flashlight to be absolutely certain I was following directions and discovered the little button was set for 4 x 6, not letter size. I had to crane my neck and use a flashlight to see that the button selector was making the wrong size choice. One of my cats must have stepped on the button and changed the selection. All three cats are fascinated with the Epson so I don't know which to blame. ;-) Thank you for responding and guiding me to the answer to a terribly frustrating problem.
Nancy

o

Ha ha, the cats have obviously found a comfortable and quiet spot to snooze.

Glad you got it sorted out.

o

o

bob414--

Is THAT what they think they are doing? I loved the videos and have shared them with all who love cats.
Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here