Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New and 'Free' Photo Hosting Site

Posted by justme4now (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 14, 11 at 0:26

First, I have to say that I haven't tried the site yet but it sure looks promising!

Yes it's free and you are allowed to use it for ebay.

Gonna check it out tomorrow but I am interested in what others think?

Here's the link: LINK

JM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Test Driving

Okay .. I have tried it and so far .. I am Really impressed!

I took screen shots of the two pages that you get after uploading your photo.

I am not sure how this will display on here because as I said, these are screen shots plus the two shots are hosted on photobucket because I'm still messing around with 'how' to do stuff with the new site.

What is Really impressive is that even though I did sign up for an account .. I wasn't signed in to do this.

You only need an account if you want control over your pictures.
(You might want to use your magnification to see details)

JM

Photobucket

Photobucket

o
Don't Let Me Confuse You

These are just screen shots of the pages with the linking urls on them.

You 'can' post just the photos on your pages/forums/ebay like you do with photobucket.

I 'Could Have' just posted the photo of Secretariat but that wasn't my objective.

o
RE: New and 'Free' Photo Hosting Site

JM,
I am very impressed with it also!
Being on dialup where I have to wait forever on Photobucket, that may just be the ticket.
Now if it can be made "Private" I may just bite on it.
Thanks for sharing.

o

I have been using tinypics for a couple years also FREE no login etc. works great! you can upload video's also.

Here is a link that might be useful: tinypics

o

As far as "private" goes, the FAQ says "You only can view images if the owner provides you the URL."

o

You can sign up and control who sees your pictures or you don't have to sign up at all 'but' you wont have that control.

As far as tinypics goes .. the site (tinypics) doesn't allow for uploading upto 300 photos at a time.

For ebay sellers .. that is very useful.

o

well darn I posted a reply but it apparently disappeared into the nether land.

I did go to the site and read all the info I could find, I like that it does sound like it is private and only those you share a direct link with can view it.
The things that caused me a little concern was the very sparse and strangely worded terms of service.
Also they say they DO allow adult content which is very strange all other hosting sites prohibit it strongly.
Also some of the grammar and spelling is very poor which suggest a site outside of the US which can be ok but normally on this type of site you would at least want a polished appearance.

I am willing to try it out though. I still prefer imageshack over all but I don't upload a lot of pics.

o

'As far as "private" goes, the FAQ says "You only can view images if the owner provides you the URL."'

That's sometimes called security through obscurity and isn't really any security at all. Basically, what it means is that anybody who has or can guess a URL can view a picture.

o

Why, when I linked to tinypics, did I end up at PB? Noticed this when someone suggested I give tinypics a try a little while back, kept returning me to PB, and I wanted to get away from them. Consequently, I gave up on both sites.

o

that is because tinypics is part of the photobucket family as you can see at the bottom of their home page

� 2004-2009 TinyPic�, a Photobucket Video & Photo Sharing Company

so using them you are still directly using photobucket

o
Photo Hosting Site

ravencajun

So true.

Lots of folks don't know that photobucket bought out tinypics and it's all to lessen the competition.

The new site probably is hosted outside the US but I don't really have any photos that I wouldn't share anyway.

JM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here