Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firefox copy and paste acting up

Posted by chemocurl (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 25, 10 at 23:00

What I have always done in the past, and liked was Left click and highlight...right click and copy.

Go to where I want it pasted and then right click and choose paste.

Yesterday clickable links were not working using FF. I could open them, but not in another tab or window.

I have xp and FF 3.5.2. Is anyone else having trouble?

I guess I'll reboot and see if that fixes anything.

Spellcheck is not working for me either.

I can no longer highlight a word or phrase and choose to Google it..gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr..........

tia

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE Firefox copy and paste acting up

Well I just rebooted and that didn't help. I can't copy and paste.

I can click on a clickable link (like my name and go to my page), but I can no longer right click and choose to open it in a new tab.

I'll try rebooting in safe mode here in a bit and see what that does. I'll be back in a bit

Sue

o
RE: Firefox copy and paste acting up

Well I'm in safe mode now and can copy and paste.

The other day I added an add-on and I don't know what the name of it was, or how to find out what it was or how to just diable it or delete it once I find it.

I'm thinking it is 'smart' something. I noticed that when I was surfing Garden Web that when I got toward the bottom of the page one list of threads that I could scroll on down and read pages 2,3,4, etc.

Additionally whenever I would highlight something to either copy or do choose doing a Google search, there was a small box that came up at the end of the highlighted material, and it had 4 icons in it. I think they might have been for Twitter or Facebook or some other silly stuff I don't do.

Help please...Suggestions?

Sue

o

in firefox to see what add ons you have just go to tools then add ons and the list will show there under add ons. It sounds like it is an add on doing it, go to Start > all programs> mozilla firefox put the cursor on that and in the pop out menu you should see firefox safe mode which is not the same as starting the pc in safe mode, what this does is start firefox with out any of the add ons so if it works you know it is an add on that is the problem.

o

Bingo...found it. It was a recently installed add-on called Fastest Fox. I have it disabled and can now copy and paste just fine and I can open clickable links "in a new tab".

Thanks raven.

Sue

o

I remember someone at the KT saying they could not copy and paste via Firefox after some updating.

What worked for her was disabling a Yahoo toolbar so I totally deleted my Yahoo toolbar, and then enabled Fastest Fox and restarted and now all is well.

I upgraded firefox and now I can't copy

Whew....

o

And because improvements to Firefox depend on feedback, do people the favor of going to the Firefox add-on site and adding your comments to the review of this particular add-on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here