SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldedger

Ponmocup. AA Trojan

goldedger
11 years ago

I'm having some difficulties that I hope you can help with.
Yesterday I realized that MS Security Essentials wasn't running and on attempting to find a fix for that, I noticed while using Firefox/google search that I was getting redirected to other sites. Here's what I've done so far.
1) Went into services and tried to start MS Security Essentials run>services.msc>double clicked on Microsoft Antimalware Services, changed startup type from Disabled to Automatic, clicked on Apply and under Service Status clicked on Start. An info. box came up with the following info [Could not start the Microsoft Antimalware Service on Local Computer. Error 1058:the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.]
UNABLE TO GET MS SECURITY ESSENTIALS RUNNING
2) Updated and ran a full scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Results: no malicious items detected
3) Ran Eset Online Scanner - it found 2 infected files, cleaned 1
1st one: Target - C:\windows\system32\MP4SDMODO.dll Threat - a variant of Win32/Ponmocup.FT Trojan Action - cleaned by deleting - quarantined
2nd one: Target - operating memory Threat - probably a variant of Win32/Ponmocup.AA Trojan Action -
ESET took NO ACTION ??????
What does this mean? Can you help?
PS - I had to do a lot of searching in order to find out how to do the above stuff, please use simple terms. :) Thanks

Windows XP, Media Center Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3, Acer laptop

Comments (9)