SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

Trying to burn photos

janepa
15 years ago

I did a search on this forum first to see if I could find an answer to my problem, but things suggested I have previously tried with no success.

In 1997 I got my first computer which was an HP from Wal-Mart. It served me well, but I wanted to update so the grandchildren got the HP. I burned many CDs with no problems - both music and data.

In 2006 I got a new system from a local tech. who recommended the following:

{{gwi:1447167}} $1,093.92

and I wish I would have gotten a flat screen instead of the CRT monitor. I saw somewhere that the resolution and the side view were better on the CRT, but I am up close, and the resolution was as good on my HP.

Since 2006 I have not burned one CD. I talked to him several times, and tried what he suggested, but nothing has changed. My computer is showing I have a total of 111GB, 20.7GB used, 90.9GB available. I have plenty of space but I would like to get all of the photos on to a CD or DVD. When I first got this computer I got a large package of Memorex CD-Rws 12 x 700MB 80 min, and Maxell DVD-RW 4.7GB 2 hrs SP modes. I have probably ruined half

of them. I can view my old CDs. My computer guy once told me that I probably would only use the DVD for playing games, and movies. Why bother getting a DVD burner if it is not easily accessible for burning DVDs? By what I have seen on this forum maybe CDs are the better way to burn anyway. I have saved some photos on the Floppy, but the discs hold so much more. By the way, I am using Nero.

I called him again today, but he has not returned my call. He probably remembered me and thought 'oh, no, not again'. I have not bothered him since this was only my third time to ask him some questions. I even visited his store once, and he made sense, and I tried what he suggested, but nothing changed & I didn't bother to call him back. He was pleasant, but I kind of felt he thought I might not ever get the CD thing.

I use the computer for e-mail, shopping, greeting cards, hobbies, record keeping and editing my MANY photos from my Nikon D50. These projects are all successful, but I am sure disheartened with trying to burn CDs/DVDS.

Thank you for any suggestions you care to share.

Jane

Comments (7)