SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ten3_2tex

UVerse problem

ten3_2tex
9 years ago

Need to know if someone else is going through this problem........and if someone can help me.........Late Nov. I called AT&T asking for a new modem, mine was very old and was starting to give problems. I also asked if I could possibly have internet service without needing a phone line, since we mainly use cell phones. (stupid question, maybe) He DID say some places do, but we have this program where you save BLAH, BLAH. I say OK...And I get complete new wiring, outside and inside and am set up wireless, which I wanted. I was set up with UVerse. I had been getting offers in my mail about UVerse and I was never interested, well this was what I got and it is supposed to be great.

This was late Nov.....Early Jan. I start having problems. The modem goes all blinkety and then the red light. PC stops, I call AT&T, a repair man comes and installs new modem, says they sometimes go bad and he does not know why, so he just replaces it.........It's still Jan and for the last 3 days it is doing it again, OFTEN, and it lasts for just a small time, goes to work again and then it does it again. whatever I am working on when it stops, I lose. I see that the modem is back to normal, but I must exit the page that appears declaring a problem, and when I do, all is gone.

OK my question after this information is......I keep getting a debug message. Is this a serious problem? if so how am I able to fix it in a simple way that I can understand? Also, could this have something to do with the modem going off on me? I also get a redirect ha that won't let me go into AOL, my email and any other search I can do. I can get to my usual places that I can click without doing a search........I will add that this same debug and redirect ha were also present when had my first Uverse modem and now it's back with this 2nd modem. Before I call AT&T with my modem problem I need to know that it is the modem giving me PC problems, not PC giving me the modem problem or that the 2 problems are unrelated..........Gosh this was long and I hope someone was willing to read it and to understand me, and can help.

I read that clearing cache would get rid of the redirect ha and allow me aol connections........it does, for a while, and than problem is back

Comments (14)