Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Facebook's New Profile Page -- How to ' not accept ' ?

Posted by gymnast_gal (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 10, 11 at 21:25

What does one do if one does not want the new Facebook profile?

I understood that Facebook users would have a choice.

Now I have a message that says Profile page be automatically changed in a few days. Can't figure out how to "not accept" ....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Facebook's New Profile Page -- How to ' not accept ' ?

For the month of December, Facebook gave people the option to upgrade to the new profile early.

The new look is now being rolled out to all users (450 million). It's not a VOLUNTARY choice. What's good for facebook is good for you I guess.

Lots of complaints as there always is with any change.

o

I just recently read an article on that and how it was set default to share which is just ridiculous.

I highly recommend this site for anyone using facebook
Get Protected

I copied this info from one of the other forums I am on

"NEW PRIVACY setting called "Instant Personalization" that shares data with non-Facebook websites and it is automatically set to "Enable." Go to Account >Privacy Settings > Applications and Websites >Instant Personalization > Edit Settings, and un-check "Enable". BTW if your friends don't do this, they will be sharing information about you."

The New Facebook Profile Layout � Analysis, Critique and User Discussion
check the comments section below the article for more info

The New Facebook Profile: What U Need To Know

according to some of the latest articles today was the date that it was to be changed on all facebook pages.

I personally stay away from all things facebook

o

I got that message today. So I went ahead and switched over
to the new layout. Was no big deal. I don't think it
changed any of my privacy settings. Other than my profile
page everything else looks the same to me.

Pooh Bear

o

Pooh, you are right, no big changes, but the checkmark that RC was refering to is there and as long as you leave it, you info will be shared...

It bears repeating:
NEW PRIVACY setting called "Instant Personalization" that shares data with non-Facebook websites and it is automatically set to "Enable." Go to Account >Privacy Settings > Applications and Websites >Instant Personalization > Edit Settings, and un-check "Enable". BTW if your friends don't do this, they will be sharing information about you."

o

Thanks, genes. I went into my Facebook account and made the change.

o
RE:Facebook's New Profile Page -- more

Oops! Thanks to RC who posted directions in prior post. Just saw genes post when thanking. So thanks to RC for posting those directions.

o

I would like to add for anyone who joins and invites friends and family to meet them there, please ask your friends by email, don't let Facebook do it. My stepdaughter allowed Facebook to do it and now they have my family and friends email address. I got all kinds of emails from them until I bounced them back.

o

I knew about the Instant Personalization setting.
I have it unchecked. Been that way for a LONG time.

I went back and checked my privacy settings.
None of them had been changed.
Even the Instant Personalization setting was the same.

Pooh Bear

o

Facebook got my master account address that my step daughter has been using for years because she is "family".

Do they automatically get all the addresses in her address book or does she have to give them to Facebook?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here