SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
copanolady

Windows 8

copanolady
11 years ago

OMGosh! I'm back! I haven't been here for almost 2 years - and this was one of my favorite forums. I gave up on GW. Had computer problems on two different computers.

Anyway, I bought a new one a week or so ago (number 3), an HP that's preloaded with Windows 8 and I would love a couple of tips on getting used to it, (the program, not the computer)

The most annoying thing I'd like to change is:

1. The blipping pop-ups on the right sliding side of the screen and worst of all......the GIANT black box with the time and date on the lower left! I don't want to see a black box that takes up 1/4 of the screen! Good grief! The menu slide screen on the right is tolerable but I'd be just as happy without it. My old computer didn't have a number pad so I keep accidentally moving over to the 'right button' on the keypad and bam! There it is again.

2. Can I reduce the size of the (navigation bar)? The one on the bottom. You can get the sizing vertical arrows but they don't change anything. Grrrr.

3. I've used it about 2 weeks now and am doing OK with it but still prefer Windows 7 but I'll keep trying. One more thing...Do I really need "Data Disk"? I must have downloaded it but again, a giant 2" icon on the lower right side of the screen that I can't seem to drag away or even onto the toolbar.

Anybody? Thanks,
~Ruth

Comments (7)